Thursday, November 23, 2017

Psalm 30:5b - "Trading My Sorrows"



"I'm trading my sorrows...I'm trading my pain..."I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord..." These words were going through my mind this morning as I woke up. I love how the Lord encourages me through songs. This one goes one to say, "I'll say yes, Lord, yes, Lord, yes, yes, Lord..." As I pondered on those words I thought about the reason we are here in South Carolina is because we said 'yes' to Him. We could have stayed in the comfortable place we were, close to family and surrounded by all the 'normals' we had come to know. But that was not His will. We knew the move was going to be hard in so many ways. We realized life was changing as we left our comfort zone into a lot of unknowns. But the best part of the unknowns is they are not unknown to God. The many months with Doc not having a second job, the short few months of him working for the post office, my breast cancer, us still not being in the building...none of these are unknown to God. He knew about them before they happened, enabled us to work through them in His strength, and encouraged us through each stage of them. He continues to encourage us through daily life.  Yesterday as I spent the day with Eddie I was blessed with having someone with me. Not having one bout of tears was a true blessing. Then last night as I watched little Everly enjoy her first birthday celebration I once again was blessed in feeling the love of my neighbors. With today being Thanksgiving I am thankful for all of these ways He encourages me. I am thankful for His love, mercy and grace. I am thankful for living in His presence and walking in the path of obedience. Does my heart still hurt with being away from family? Of course it does but His encouragement is helping it to not hurt as strongly. Some day I will hold Mr. Weston and love on him but until that day happens I will be satisfied with seeing his pictures and watching him grow from afar. Some day I will play with the older grand babies but until that time I will be content with seeing pictures and talking on the phone. Some day I will have an in-person conversation with my boys and their ladies but until then I will be content with any phone calls I receive. Some day I will get to spend time with my Momma but until then I will continue to pray for the trip planned for her visit in January. Some day I will enjoy spending the day with family members but until then I will be content with any calls or emails I receive. Some day I will sit over a cup of coffee with friends in Ohio but until that day I will be content with letters, cards, emails, etc. Some day I will no longer be on this earth but I will be content with living in His presence, doing His will. We never know when the 'some days' will happen but we do know Who does. I am so blessed by the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for encouraging me in so many ways! Thank You for the day ahead and for the friends who will be around our table! Lord, please cleanse me of anything that is not of You. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see/hear You through me. May You be greater than me today in all my words, actions and attitude. Thank You for being My Joy. Amen.

No comments: