Sunday, November 26, 2017

Isaiah 43:19 - "Beyond Me"


The Lord woke me up several times during the night to pray for pastors. He specifically had me pray for new pastors. He had me pray for some who were new and some who had been in the pastorate for years who are trying to minister in their own way instead of walking in obedience to His ways. This morning when I woke up He had a song Toby Mac wrote called "Beyond Me" on my mind. He wrote this song because of the way people (including himself) stay in the comfort of things they can control. He wrote, "I want to stretch myself and be who God has called me to be. Give Him the room and know that weakness is a beautiful posture to do something beyond ourselves. I'm a needy man. I need God, and I can't do it on my own." This is the way all believers need to feel. As I prayed for pastors overnight, the Lord kept bringing my prayers back to those who were doing things on their own. He woke me several times to pray for those who were not tapping into Him. There is power when one gets to the end of themselves and allows the Lord to work in and through them. There is peace in decisions when we have the Lord as our Guide. His love covers one in abundance when He is given the reigns to all decisions made in life. There is a freshness in the ministry of ones who seek Him in a different, new way. No one has to do anything on their own. The Lord is available to everyone. His ways are so much better than anything we could ever come up with. As I think of those in ministry who are struggling with the upcoming Christmas season I pray for all to look to Him for guidance. This time of year is stressful enough for all of the activities in the life of a family but when one is in ministry that stress is compounded by the activities in the church. He had me pray during the night for some who are struggling with doing what they have always done in their church. He also had me pray for pastors in new pastorates who are feeling pressured to do what the last pastor did. God desires for all pastors to listen to Him and do what He desires of them. When one listens and walks in obedience, His will will be accomplished. He had me pray for pastors who compare themselves with other pastors. He also had me pray for those who are feeling inadequate for the place He has called them to be. Another prayer that He brought to me was for those pastors who He is calling into new territories but they are afraid to take the steps He is putting before them. He has some new things for some new pastors and some new things for some seasoned pastors yet many are not accepting them. He had me pray for those who are accepting them to continue down the path He is leading them. He amazes me with the prayers He gives me on Saturday nights. I love praying for pastors and their families. Most times on Saturday nights it is just for pastors. When I think about that, I realize when a pastor is going deeper with the Lord, listening to Him and walking in obedience, their family will be blessed in abundance.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the opportunity to pray for pastors last night. Thank You for blessing me with calling Doc and I into ministry. Father, I pray You will be so real to us with what You desire of our walk with You. I pray for a blessing upon our lives and the ministry You have set before us. I also pray for a different, new outlook upon our ministry. Lord, the most important goal is that You are seen/heard through all we do and say. May You be our attitude throughout this day in a mighty way. I pray against any distraction that will occur. I pray for a healing in my throat so I don't concentrate on it but instead give You my full attention. Bless all pastors today...may more of them seek more of You. Thank You Jesus for being My Guide. Amen.

No comments: