Sunday, November 19, 2017

Hebrews 10 - "Thy Will"


I was so tired when I went to bed. I told the Lord if He needed me to pray He may need to have something really big to get me awake. 3:33AM I hear Mordecei wanting out. He has not been getting up in the middle of the night much for a few weeks unless we are away for a long time during the day. I didn't expect him to get up last night since I was home yesterday until evening but then I realized God was using him to get me awake. I only prayed for a half hour and then I asked God if I could go back to sleep. I was grateful He said 'yes'! My prayers were just as most Saturday nights go with praying for pastors. Last night's were specific for those pastors preaching today except for one pastor's wife that has been on my heart all week. Last Sunday she was sexually assaulted at church. I have prayed for her all week to have His strength. I also prayed for a precious pastor who lost his mother yesterday. Then I prayed for...

  • my husband who is still adjusting to being a bi-vocational pastor.
  • bi-vocational pastors to find a rhythm of life that includes time for God, family and church.
  • a pastor who has no clue what he is preaching today. He prayed all week, listened for God's direction but received none. God told me this is a test to see if he will manipulate the circumstance or if he will wait on Him.
  • pastors who are in desperate need of a vacation.
  • pastors who are in turmoil in their church due to lack of finances.
  • pastors who are have extreme chaos in their personal lives which is spilling over into their ministry.
  • pastors with young children and wives who work outside of the home.
  • a pastor who recently went back into the pulpit after having an experience of dying and being brought back to life, heart surgery and rehab.
  • a pastor who is past retirement age but can't retire from vocational ministry due to finances.
  • all pastors with extra ministry due to the upcoming holidays.
  • a pastor who will walk into the pulpit today and resign instead of preach. God told me it is His will for this to happen but the pastor is not happy with the plan.


    As I prayed that last prayer, He brought these words from "Thy Will" to my mind...

    It's hard to count it all joy
    Distracted by the noise
    Just trying to make sense of all your promises
    Sometimes I gotta stop
    Remember that you're God
    And I am not...thy will be done...thy will be done...


    Yes! His will, not ours. That is what we need to seek to do every day. His will is the perfect way to live because His will is the path that leads to blessing Him in abundance. Oh how I desire to stay in His will. When I don't, life can become quite messy. Paul wrote in Hebrews 10 of the messiness in the lives of the early Christians. He encouraged them to hold close in their faith through the trials of life on this earth. He gave a picture of eternity with the Lord for those who did. Matthew Henry wrote of verses thirty two through thirty nine:

    Many and various afflictions united against the early Christians, and they had a great conflict. The Christian spirit is not a selfish spirit; it puts us upon pitying others, visiting them, helping them, and pleading for them. All things here are but shadows. The happiness of the saints in heaven will last for ever; enemies can never take it away as earthly goods. This will make rich amends for all we may lose and suffer here. The greatest part of the saints' happiness, as yet, is in promise. It is a trial of the patience of Christians, to be content to live after their work is done, and to stay for their reward till God's time to give it is come. He will soon come to them at death, to end all their sufferings, and to give them a crown of life. The Christian's present conflict may be sharp, but will be soon over. God never is pleased with the formal profession and outward duties and services of such as do not persevere; but he beholds them with great displeasure. And those who have been kept faithful in great trails for the time past, have reason to hope for the same grace to help them still to live by faith, till they receive the end of their faith and patience, even the salvation of their souls. Living by faith, and dying in faith, our souls are safe for ever.

    Dear Jesus,
    Thank You for the blessings yesterday with the pews that were gifted to us. Thank You for the way You continued to prompt me to be joyful even when the timing of getting the pews changed. Lord, I pray I was a beacon of light for You yesterday through everything that occurred. I pray the same for today. Cleanse me, fill me, and enable me to be a beacon of light for You. I pray seeds were planted last night into ones who helped and are not a part of our church family. I also pray ones from our church family who were involved felt loved and appreciated. Father, I know everything happens in Your time but I'm praying the plans will be finished so we can get the permits and start the rehab soon. I know You told me Wednesday night there are some not ready so I am praying You will reveal what needs said or done for them to be ready. Open our eyes and ears to what we need to do to enable people to grow in You. I pray for physical strength in all who loaded and unloaded pews both in our church and in Celebrate Place church. I pray for physical and mental strength for both pastors as they preach today. Lord, be their strength in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being Our Will. Amen.

    No comments: