Sunday, November 12, 2017

I Peter 3:13-17 - "Your Love Defends Me"


The words to "Your Love Defends Me" were in my heart all night long and again this morning. These words are so encouraging....

Day after day, night after night
I will remember, You're with me in this fight
Although the battle, it rages on
The war is already won
I know the war is already won

Surely my God is the strength of my soul
Your love defends me, Your love defends me
And when I feel like I'm all alone
Your love defends me, Your love defends me

It does not matter what we go through, God is always there with us. He never leaves us. We are never alone and when...

  • the enemy comes knocking at our door, He is our strength to stand up against Him.
  • we feel like we can't take another hit, He is there to give us the boost we need to continue.
  • people's words throw arrows at our heart, He is there to comfort.
  • there appears to be no answers, He provides.
Plain and simple. We are not alone in this world but He is with us. All we have to do is allow Him to be what we need. He knows what that is even when we don't. He has me praying for some pastors who will get into the pulpit this morning trying to do life on their own strength. They are failing greatly yet don't have to. All they have to do is allow Him to be the Lord over their life. He had me pray against many trying to please the people instead of Him. He also had me pray for those who are self-seeking instead of seeking Him. My heart breaks for people in this position but it especially breaks for pastors who are leading people down the wrong path. As a pastor leads without Him being their Lord, they are destroying many lives besides their own. The Bible clearly states in I Peter how He is with us through the suffering we will have on this earth. Our suffering will be nothing compared to His suffering when He died on the cross for us. We may think we can't handle anything else yet if we stop and think about what He suffered through we would realize our suffering is minuscule compared to His. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for being the Lord of my life. Father, as You had me pray through the night I pray for pastors to get to the end of themselves and allow You to be the Lord over their lives. May more pastors lead their people as godly men and women who have You as their Lord. I pray for pastors to realize the task You have put before them in leading people to be living in Your presence. Lord, I pray today for a cleansing in my spirit so people will see/hear You instead of me. I pray for people to desire what I have with You. May You become so read to people so they will allow You to be Lord over their lives. Thank You Jesus for being My Lord of Lords. Amen.

No comments: