Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Psalm 118:1 - "Forever"


Meditating on Psalm 118:1 this morning. The kids had this memory verse last night and did well with it. As I listened to them repeat it, I thought of thanking Him was what got me through many 'bad' times. When we take our focus off of our own problems and put it on Him, He enables us to see others who are hurting who need His love. He opens our eyes to how our situation could be much worse than it is. He also opens our eyes to how we can be His servant in sharing His love with others.

Give
Give thanks
Give thanks to the Lord
Give thanks to the Lord for He
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good His love endures
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good His love endures forever

Everyone needs to thank Him for His love, mercy and grace. There are times when we may not feel like thanking Him but those are the times we need to be more intentional in thanking Him. The enemy does not like when we thank Him. When we get on a 'pity party train,' the enemy has an open door into our lives. As we wallow around in misery the enemy grasps onto us. We must stay on guard at all times against the enemy. He cannot have one little step into our lives. If he does, he will be ready to take us completely over. This morning I am praying against the enemy having a foothold in not only my life but in everyone's lives. There are people who are complaining, lying, manipulating circumstances, being crabby, etc. I know the enemy is getting at them and I am praying against that action being taken. I am praying for people to be aware of him prowling around and stop it before it starts. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You a good night's sleep with the pain leaving my body overnight. Thank You for a continued renewal in my body that I know You are providing. Thank You for the children and teens last night who were sponges. Oh my, the questions that were coming from the older kids! I am grateful it was when we were together so Doc could answer them! I am so grateful for the way You are working through us in their lives. I also am grateful for the time You give us with them. May they be filled with more of You. I pray the same for myself...to be filled with more of You. I pray for a cleansing in my soul. I'm sorry I complained last night as we were going to bed. I hurt so bad and was feeling crabby but I should have not voiced it. Cleanse me from that as I start a new day. Give me opportunities to show people Your love today in a different, new way. Thank You Jesus for being My Forever. Amen.

No comments: