Friday, November 17, 2017

I Thessalonians 5:16-18 - "His Strength Is Perfect"


Yesterday started off with a couple big answers to prayer. I've been praying for Ben and Emily's new little one since the day of finding out about him. Last Friday and again this Wednesday the Lord had me praying many times throughout the day. Wednesday evening the Lord prompted me to send a text at 8:01PM asking how Emily was doing and tell them I was praying. Ben's response was that active labor started at 8PM! I do not believe it was a coincidence that her water broke in the morning with consistent labor throughout the day and the Lord had me praying. I also do not believe it was a coincidence her water broke one minute before I text them. I also do not believe it was a coincidence the Lord woke me at 3:13AM. I don't know what was happening at that time but I do know Mr. Weston was born at 6:39AM. Once again I do not think it was a coincidence that I texted at 6:44AM for an update. The Lord was with all throughout the labor and delivery process. Even though I am six hundred and fifty plus miles away I was still part of the event. My heart aches I cannot be there to take my traditional dinner to them. I doubt that I could even find a restaurant in their area that makes ham balls and buttered noodles. Even if I did Mr. Beckett would think they weren't as good as Grandma's! It is times like this that make being in ministry so hard. My heart wants to hold this dear little guy and share the time of celebration with them. But I know I am not alone. There are many people separated from family. I am thankful for today's technology that allows us to be a part of things even if not physically. Most of all I am thankful for God who orchestrated me praying throughout the process at just the right time. I am also thankful to God for another answer to prayer. When I told my Momma she was going to get to come down for a visit, she was in tears. I am thankful for friends who are bringing her and the way God will work out all the details for the trip.

Last night was one of little sleep with lots of praying for my husband. I am so tired this morning but I know God will give me what I need to get through this day. I don't want to just get through it but I want Him to be glorified through it. I want the nurses and doctor at my appointment to see/hear Him through me. I pray for a clear mental capacity as I go to the tax assessment office. Once again I pray the people will see/hear Him and not me. I pray for my emotions to stay in check during that time. I pray for mental strength as I finish my big weekly paper for class. I pray for physical strength throughout the entire day. I was saddened to not be able to go to the Alzheimer's event tonight but thankful I found someone to use the tickets I won. I sure did not want to see $130 wasted. It was a disappointment but I am thankful God gave me peace about the outcome. I will continue to walk in obedience to I Thessalonians 5:16-18. I will be joyful, continue to pray and be thankful because I know it is God's desire for me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Mr. Weston's birth and the news I shared with my Momma about her trip to see us. Thank You for the way You will continue to be with my family. Father, I pray for a soothing in my spirit with being so far away from family. Thank You for the way You provide technology that allows me to have a part of their lives. Thank You for calling me to be a prayer warrior. I praise You for the privilege to pray for Chad, Brooke and Allie. I also praise You for the privilege to pray for Dan Bohi and his team. Lord, these ones out on the road are dealing with being away from their families too. I pray for a peace in their spirits when things such as births happen of grand babies. I pray for all missionaries who have long times in between their home visits. May they feel Your love in a mighty way. Father, today is a day full of appointments and I feel like I can't do it. When Doc asked me this morning if I was going to make it and I said no, You immediately corrected me that I would on Your strength. Cleanse me and fill me with Your supernatural strength so I can not only get through this day but so You can be glorified through me. I pray my tiredness would go away so I do not miss any opportunity to be You to all I meet. Bless my prayers raised up throughout the night for my husband in a mighty way. He is feeling so tired and 'beat up' and needs Your supernatural power too. Thank You Jesus for being Our Strength. Amen.

No comments: