Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Jeremiah 29:11 - "Thy Will"



2:30AM...woke up and prayed for my friend who had shoulder surgery yesterday...prayed against the nasty pain...my heart hurts for the thought of her possibly having a second surgery in six months...the Lord reminded me she loves and depends upon Him greatly.
3:30AM...woke up and prayed for our friends moving to Texas today...my heart hurts they will not be here to pray with and for us...the Lord reminded me people do not have to be in the same place to pray for one another.
4:30AM...woke up and prayed for the hurt in my heart. It is unusual to pray for myself but as I prayed the Lord brought these words to me...Thy will be done...Thy will be done...Thy will be done. I desire for His will in my life...I cling to the promise that He will never leave me...so why does my heart hurt so bad? I pray today does not have as many tears as yesterday. I pray for His strength to be my strength in a mighty way. I pray He will soothe the hurt I am feeling. I am so thankful for the way the Lord blesses me even in times such as this. It is only through His encouragement that gets me through such times. As I think of what was going on a year ago, I want to smack myself up the side of the head for being so emotional right now. But then the Lord reminded me of Jeremiah 29:11. He sees the big picture. He knows the outcome. He desires me to walk His path so His will can be accomplished. I chuckle as I write the next thought that comes to my mind. 'I just need to put my big girl panties on!' If it were only as easy as it sounds! 

Dear Jesus,
I love You so much and need You to cleanse me of anything negative in me that is causing these emotions. I also need You to fill me with more of You so You will take over every aspect of me. Today is a new day and I pray it is less emotional than yesterday. But if there is something I need to learn in this process, please bring it to light. Lord, I pray for You to be greater than the hurt in my heart. Thank You for being My Future. Amen.




No comments: