Monday, November 6, 2017

Psalm 136 - "Just Be Held"


I prayed so much last evening for friends and family in Ohio with storms/tornadoes that I dreamt I was there with them during the night. When I woke this morning, I had the need to "Just Be Held." These words were going through my mind...

Hold it all together
Everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on


I imagine there are many people who are feeling this way after losing their homes last night or having their possessions torn from them. As I saw the pictures from Ohio I was blessed in knowing my family were all OK along with many of my friends. Some continue to be without power but they are safe. I read of one story where a dog was picked up out of their kennel and lost. I cannot imagine the fear some went through. The Lord took me to Psalm 136 this morning which tells us repeatedly "His love endures forever." We need to praise Him for His love even in times such as the devastation in Ohio. We also need to find reason to praise Him with the shooting with many dead and many injured in a Texas church yesterday. One reason to praise through that situation is there are more with Him than before the situation happened. Oh how I pray for those who lost loved ones through this senseless act. I also pray for the family of the shooter. I pray all involved will have the comfort and peace that can only be found in Jesus.

If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your protection over my family and friends last night with the storms. Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace You are showering over those involved in the Texas shooting. Lord, this world is so crazy yet Your love is there for all. Oh how I pray for more to come into relationship with You so Your love can cover them in a different, new way. May Your peace be their peace in the midst of trials. Lord, cleanse me of anything not of You so I can be more effective in being Your hands and feet. Father, today is the start of a new class. I pray for an abundance of Your wisdom in this process. Thank You for enabling me to learn from my last class. Thank You for the finances You continue to provide to pay for these classes. Thank You for recollection You gave for my final exam a couple weeks ago. This morning I am praying for friends who are traveling back from a funeral, one having knee surgery and another preparing to start chemo. May all of these know the Lord's comfort and peace. Lord, would You enable me to shine brighter for You today? Would You be my strength in a way that will enable me to be better at being Jesus to others? Would You bless me in ways that will show Your power? Lord, once again I thank You for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: