Friday, November 3, 2017

Psalm 2 - "Home"


The Lord took me to Psalm 2 this morning. As I read it, I was reminded of how this world is today. He needs to be our Leader. We are to adhere to the laws of the land but the bottom line is we are to adhere to His laws. He tells us the greatest commandment is to love Him with all of our being. The second greatest commandment is to love those around us as ourselves. We are to love Him sincerely with everything we have. One of the ways to show our love to Him is by living in relationship with Him. When we do, we will not only hear Him but we will walk in obedience. That is the life the Lord desires for all. He desires all to believe in Him. He desires those who do believe in Him to be sold out to a life completely surrendered to Him. This world is full of people who have no desire to live for Him. It also is full of people who 'talk the talk' but they do not 'walk the walk' in relationship with Him. Some are content with going to church on Sunday morning and being done with Him. The true joy comes in walking with Him 24/7, trusting Him with everything, loving Him whole heartedly and most of all being obedient. The word 'obedient' does not normally go along with 'joy' but instead gives the idea of something that is bad. Obedience to the Lord is the best place to live. It is where the blessings of peace and joy are in abundance. When one is faced with difficulties and walk in obedience, He provides exactly what is needed for peace to be in the midst of chaos. The end of time draws nearer each day. I pray for more people to be ready to meet Him. We never know the time of His return. Therefore, we must be ready at all times. Everyone needs to realize living for self in this world is not going to give eternal life with Our Heavenly Father. Only living a life of holiness will give eternal life. It goes beyond salvation and into a life of obedience. I believe many 'believers' will be surprised when He returns. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for the time I had with my ninety-four year old neighbor yesterday. The joy on her face is priceless in the store. I also thank You for the time with 'my boys' after school. I absolutely love doing 'activities' with them. I love the way they enjoy learning about You. I also thank You for the ten hours of rest last night. I pray an abundance of energy to come down upon me today. Lord, I also pray for a healing in the eyes of one today. I pray for a healing in not only her physical body but her emotional and spiritual bodies. I pray for a young man who needs to get back with You. I pray the panic attacks will be an eye opener for him. Father, I also pray for believers to get to the end of themselves and allow You to be the Lord over them. I pray for those who do not know You to come into relationship with You. Cleanse me, make me brighter for You, be my words, actions and most of all attitude throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Leader. Amen.

No comments: