Thursday, November 2, 2017

Hebrews 10:16-17 - "Forgiven"

I woke up this morning to a song Crowder sings called "Forgiven" and immediately started thinking of one who needs to forgive themselves. God has already forgiven them. Part of the song goes...

I could've been six feet under
I could've been lost forever


We need to realize His death on the cross took away our sins. If He would not have died on the cross and rose again, we would not be where we are today. We all make mistakes but there is not a mistake too big that it is not taken care of by His blood. He is ready to take us back into His arms at anytime. 

I've done things I wish I hadn't done
I've seen things I wish I hadn't seen
Just the thought of Your amazing grace
And I cry, “Jesus, forgive me”


He gives us free will. There are times we exercise that free will and make the wrong decisions. There are times those decisions make us feel so far away from Him. Sometimes it takes time for us to realize He still loves us after we make 'bad' decisions. Sometimes we can't seem to find our way back. Sometimes it feels like we will never get back to where we were in our relationship with Him. But those 'sometimes' do not have to be where we live. All it takes is getting down on our knees, repenting and accepting His love, mercy and grace. It also takes forgiving ourselves. That is probably the hardest part of all but when we allow the Lord to help us through it, He will. If we hang onto the guilt, it will give the enemy an open door. We cannot allow him any open doors into our lives. Instead we need to keep them locked up tight. The only way to do that with guilt is to remove it. The past is just that. We cannot change what we have done but we can change the road we take from this moment on. I love the encouraging words of Hebrews 10:16-17...


He continues in verse eighteen "And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary" (NIV). When we repent, the sins are no longer. Yes, the acts were still done but once we ask for forgiveness the Lord no longer remembers them. One cannot allow the guilt to pull them into sin. It is an uphill walk but one that is fulfilling in the end. The Lord will heal our hearts in the process. He also will bless us as we walk in Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Lord, I pray for those who are feeling so far away from You. I pray they will find their way back to You in a different, new way. I pray they will realize Your death and resurrection were for them. There is no need to live in guilt but instead there is freedom found in relationship with You. Lord, use me today to make a difference in people's lives. Cleanse me so You will show through my words, actions and attitude. Be the Way today so I can shine brighter for You just as You told me I needed to in our quiet time last night. Thank You Jesus for being My Way. Amen.

No comments: