Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Matthew 22:36-40 - "Drops In The Ocean"


I woke up this morning singing Hawk Nelson's "Drops In The Ocean" and started thinking about people who need to realize God loves them. These words say it all...

If you want to know
How far my love can go
Just how deep, just how wide
If want to see
How much you mean to me
Look at my hands, look at my side
If you could count the times I say you are forgiven
It's more than the drops in the ocean


Yes! He loves all of us so much. He loves us more than we could ever imagine. His purpose for coming to this earth was to die to save our sins. Our purpose on this earth is to love people with His love. The only way for people to come to know Him is through our efforts. So many people have yet to know His love. It breaks my heart knowing they are missing out on all He has for them. It also breaks my heart to see people who refuse to share Him. Some refuse because they feel like they have 'done their time' and are ready to retire. No one should ever 'retire' from sharing His love. Some refuse because they are 'too shy and just don't know what to say.' He prepares hearts and then gives words to share so that should not be an excuse either. Some refuse because they 'are too busy and just don't have the time.' Shame on them for filling their lives up with 'stuff' that does not have eternal impact. God gives us all the same amount of time each day...twenty-four hours. We need to prioritize so He comes first. Some refuse because they believe 'that is the preacher's job' or 'someone else will do it.' We are all called to share the Gospel. Not just some but all are commanded to love Him and love our neighbor. That does not necessarily mean the person living next door but it means anyone around us. This morning I am praying for not only many in my little world who do not know Him but also for those who know Him but are not living sold out to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning that reminds me just how great Your love is for us. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. I pray You will cleanse me so You can use me in whatever manner You desire for me to be Your Love to all I meet. I pray for Your words, actions and attitude to be mine throughout this day. May You bless me with a different, new way of loving on people today. Father, I also pray for my husband's count to lower. I pray You will be his strength throughout this time and give wisdom to the doctors. I pray for a supernatural healing in his body so he does not even have to worry with medication. You are greater than this disease and for that I am grateful. Thank You Jesus for being My Love. Amen.

No comments: