Saturday, November 4, 2017

Joshua 1:9 - "Broken Things"


November 4th...a date I will never forget. I wrote these words last year...

It was not a bad dream...'that' phone call really came...hearing the word 'cancer' was reality. I do not have to fear cancer. I do not have to fear the days ahead because He has already gone before me. He is greater than anything that can come my way. Yes! He will have victory over this situation! No matter if they got it all or if there is more to be removed...He is greater! He will be victorious because He will be glorified through this situation. I am standing on II Timothy 1:7 and know He will empower me through the days ahead. MS did not take away my faith, it only deepened it. Cancer will not take away my faith, it will only deepen it. Praise His Holy Name! I am so excited in my spirit! God will not allow cancer to be the giant to take me down. Instead He will empower me to stand up against it. Woo hoo! Just as David slayed Goliath, I will slay cancer. I will find out in the days ahead exactly how that will happen BUT I know it will happen. 

I am so grateful for the way He enabled me to praise Him through the storm of cancer. Some days I feel so fatigued and I wonder if it is MS, old age or the effects of the radiation/cancer. I could dwell on those thoughts but that would allow the enemy an open door. I refuse to do that. It does not matter what causes the fatigue. God is greater than it. He gives me wisdom on what to do and what not to do. He guides me with His love and power. I am so fortunate for when the cancer came into my life and for how He gave me strength to get through it. During the night I was awake praying for over an hour. One of the ones I was praying for is a young wife/mother who was diagnosed with breast cancer within the last week. She is the Momma of a nine month old who thought she had a plugged milk duct so she didn't go to the doctor. When she finally went and was tested, they were told she is stage 3 and they can't do surgery until they try to shrink it with chemo. My heart breaks for this young couple. Oh how I wish I lived closer to them. Her family lives in another country so I'm sure she could use some 'mothering.' I pray she has someone to love on her with God's love. I also prayed her Momma could come over and spend some time with her or perhaps a sister. I also prayed for someone to be there for her husband through these tough days. I honestly can't imagine being in my twenties with a nine month old and going through stage 3 breast cancer. 

I also prayed for...

  • two young men who are going through some tough times. Both have strayed from their relationship with the Lord. Both are hurting greatly. I prayed for not only them but for their parents. I prayed for all to have wisdom in knowing what to do and say. As parents it is better at times to not say or do anything but that is hard. We want to 'fix' things when only the Lord can do it. Our desire is to see our children walk with the Lord but sometimes the Lord has to lead them through some times when the enemy gets an open door. We desire things to happen quickly but we must remember it has to be in God's time. As I was praying for them the words to "Broken Things" came to my mind. Specifically...
    • The pages of history they tell me it's true 
      That it's never the perfect; it's always the ones with the scars that You use
      It's the rebels and the prodigals; it's the humble and the weak 
      The misfit heroes You chose 
      Tell me there's hope for sinners like me 
  • the father with the funeral of his adult son today. I prayed for the Lord's comfort and peace in the midst of this storm in his life.
  • Emily as she prepares to give birth to Mr. Weston. At 3am it was almost daylight with the light of the moon. The old wives tale of babies coming at the full moon made me chuckle but you just never know. I prayed for protection over them both as he comes into this world. My heart breaks that I won't get to see him right away. He will be the first baby born to them that I haven't made ham rolls and buttered noodles for the family in the first few days after a birth. The tears are flowing this morning as I mourn the loss of that tradition. There are just some times where I don't know why we have to be so far away from family but I know we are in God's will and that is all that matters.

This morning I was sent a prayer request for a one year old who was found unresponsive, given narcan and came back. They suspect this little one was injected with heroine. Once again I cannot even imagine. There is so much sin and destruction in this world. I pray the Lord will return soon.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Doc and I having a little time at the beach. Thank You for the blessings of friendship You have given me here in South Carolina. Father, I need an extra dose of You today. I am so emotional. I don't know if it is because of the one year anniversary of 'the call of C' or what. I am so emotional as I think back on all of the ones I prayed for during the night. Lord, You heard my prayers and I pray they will be answered in Your will and time. I pray for Your supernatural strength for the day ahead for not only myself but for many others. I pray for those who do not know You to come into relationship with You. I pray for those who know You but have not turned their whole life over to You to do so today. Put people who will share Your love with them in their path. Cleanse me Father of anything that may be between You and I so I can be Your hands and feet. I want to shine brighter for You. I am so grateful for the day I realized "Grace is a Kingdom, with gates open wide, There's a seat at the table..." for me. Thank You Jesus for being My Fixer. Amen.

No comments: