Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ezekiel 1:28-2:2; Psalm 46:10 - Be Still



This picture says it all.  In order for me to do as the Lord desires, I must be totally surrendered to Him.  In order to be totally surrendered to Him, I must have more of Him and less of me in my being.  I love living a life of surrender.  I no longer have to wonder if I'm suppose to do something or not because I hear His Voice as to where He is leading me.  The times of second guessing are few and far between between because I know it is the Lord guiding my steps.  When I pray, "more of You Lord and less of me," I know He will do just that.  He will fill me with His Spirit, His Strength, and His Love in order for me to do just as this picture says.  When I am filled with these attributes of the Lord, I will be able to see as He sees, hear as He hears and speak as He speaks.  Woo hoo!

I love to read about Ezekiel.  In the first chapter of Ezekiel it reads,

28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

It continues in the first two verses of chapter two…

He said to me, “Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you. As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me.

Ezekiel had an encounter with God.  He heard from the Lord on what he was suppose to do. This didn't happen once but the Lord continued to give him visions and direction on what to do.  There are times where I have had such an encounter in which I am given visions.  But in my daily walk with Him He is more subtle in just speaking to me to guide me.

An example of that is when I pray.  I have learned to not just pray in my own spirit but to wait and listen for His prompting.  It surprises me (even though nothing the Lord does should surprise me) how many times after I pray people will tell me that is exactly what they needed pray for.  I love this picture…


Yes!  In order to hear His Voice, we must "Be still.."  With all of the busyness of this world it can be sometimes almost impossible to wait on things.  We are so use to the instant society. We are hungry, we pop something in the microwave or we go through a drive-through.  We want to talk to someone, we call or text them.  A lot of people have forgot what it's like to sit and do nothing.  Many have forgotten what it's like to stop in and visit someone without a particular reason.  Lord, help us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the direction You took my thoughts this morning.  Thank You for this time of basking in You.  Thank You for teaching me to "Be still…"  Thank You for loving me in such a way that I can hear Your Voice.  Lord, once again I pray for more of You and less of me.  I pray I will be able to see as You see, hear as You hear and speak as You speak as I go throughout this day.  Thank You Jesus for being The Voice I Hear.  Amen.

No comments: