Saturday, October 4, 2014

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - Physical Healings

Last night I had the privilege to go to an event at Ben's church.  I loved every minute of it and enjoyed my time with him and his family.  He took this picture of me holding his youngest, Miss Clementine…


When I got in the car to come home, I looked at the pictures I had from the evening and was so blessed.  My first thoughts were how great my God is in allowing me to experience this evening.  Three weeks ago I was unable to walk right and my arms weren't working "right" but through the Lord's healing touch and medication I was healed.  There is no way I would have been able to go for the evening, let alone drive myself in the rain had He not touched me.  This morning I posted on FB, "I get tears every time I see this…I'm so thankful for the Lord's healing touch."  

Then it hit me just how much that statement meant.  Not only did He heal me but when Ben was in the womb he was healed.  I was told at my first sonogram that he wasn't growing properly and was given the option to abort.  Obviously, that didn't happen nor was it ever a consideration.  People all over the US and even in Europe prayed for him.  A month later after the second sonogram we were told, "We must have made a mistake.  There is nothing wrong with your baby."  Mistake?  Nope, it was the power of prayer!  To prove that the Lord even had Ben born with a scar on his lower back that the doctor confirmed would have been an open spine.  Woo hoo!  I'm was not only grateful for Ben's healing but also thought of all the babies that are aborted when the Momma is given that option due to a health issue.  

The second amazing thing with this statement was when Ben was healed in high school of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.  We didn't accept the diagnosis and prayed.  It was through Ben's great faith and persistence in prayer that the Lord healed him.

Would Ben have fathered Miss Clementine (or any of his other three) had he been born with an open spine?  Probably not.  Would he be a Daddy with the rheumatoid arthritis?  Maybe.  Would he be the husband, father, son, pastor, friend that he is today with either of these conditions?  No.  The Lord had greater plans for him.  

One of Ben's favorite verses a few years back was Jeremiah 29:11.  I love the verses that follow verse eleven…

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares theLord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Ben was brought out of captivity from physical ailments because the Lord wanted him to have restored health as His servant.  I'm so proud of the man he is today and for the way he seeks the Lord.  One of the little ladies I talked with last night shared this story with me.  She said when they had their outreach at a local laundromat Pastor Ben was walking out with his two oldest when it was time to leave.  She said Mr Beckett was looking up at his Daddy with such admiration.  She told me she wished she would have had a camera to capture the moment.  I told her that all my grand babies are blessed with Daddies who spend time with them and you can see that in their relationship.  I'm one blessed Momma/Grandma.

I didn't get a chance to get any pictures of Miss Annabel because she was too busy to get a picture of her!  Miss Evelyn enjoyed her cousins and Mr Beckett loved having his face painted.


No comments: