Saturday, October 11, 2014

II Corinthians 1:3-14 - "Revelation Song"

I loved waking up singing the "Revelation Song"…

Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, holy holy is He.
Sing a new song to him who sits on Heavens mercy seat.
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, holy holy is He.
Sing a new song, to him who sits on Heavens mercy seat.
holy,holy,holy, is the Lord God Almighty.
who was ,and is ,and is to come.
With all creation I sing, praise to the king of kings
You are my everything and I will adore you.
Clothed in rainbow of living color.
Flashes of lighting and roles of thunder.
JESUS your name is power ,
breath and living water such a marvelous mystery.

Amen!  He is definitely my Everything!  Woo hoo!  He blessed me so much last night in the words from Dr. Warrick.  He encouraged me to remember that praise and thanksgiving are the key to get through tough situations.  Too many times we only see the negative and forget to look for the positive.  

II Corinthians 1:3-14 (MSG)

The Rescue

3-5 All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too.
6-7 When we suffer for Jesus, it works out for your healing and salvation. If we are treated well, given a helping hand and encouraging word, that also works to your benefit, spurring you on, face forward, unflinching. Your hard times are also our hard times. When we see that you’re just as willing to endure the hard times as to enjoy the good times, we know you’re going to make it, no doubt about it.
8-11 We don’t want you in the dark, friends, about how hard it was when all this came down on us in Asia province. It was so bad we didn’t think we were going to make it. We felt like we’d been sent to death row, that it was all over for us. As it turned out, it was the best thing that could have happened. Instead of trusting in our own strength or wits to get out of it, we were forced to trust God totally—not a bad idea since he’s the God who raises the dead! And he did it, rescued us from certain doom. And he’ll do it again, rescuing us as many times as we need rescuing. You and your prayers are part of the rescue operation—I don’t want you in the dark about that either. I can see your faces even now, lifted in praise for God’s deliverance of us, a rescue in which your prayers played such a crucial part.
12-14 Now that the worst is over, we’re pleased we can report that we’ve come out of this with conscience and faith intact, and can face the world—and even more importantly, face you with our heads held high. But it wasn’t by any fancy footwork on our part. It was God who kept us focused on him, uncompromised. Don’t try to read between the lines or look for hidden meanings in this letter. We’re writing plain, unembellished truth, hoping that you’ll now see the whole picture as well as you’ve seen some of the details. We want you to be as proud of us as we are of you when we stand together before our Master Jesus.

Dr Warrick reminded me the God I serve comes alongside me in hard times (vs 3).  He never leaves us.  We are told that over and over in scripture.  He is always there for us.  I love the example He gives in these verses of how we are to go alongside someone hurting just as the Lord is alongside us.  Wow…those words are deep.  As I think back over these last few months with all the deaths I pray I was alongside people in that way.  I also pray more people would realize what we are to do when others hurt.  We are to love on them.  We are to care for their needs…physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and sometimes financial.  I must admit I get tired of people telling me I do too much in caring for people.  How in the world is that even possible if we are to be Jesus to them?  When the Lord directs me to go to someone, I go.  When He directs me to give someone a word from Him, I do.  When He lays someone on my heart to pray for them, I do.  I listen to Him.  Plain and simple.  I do not listen to people unless they have a word for me from the Lord.  But I do need to work on my attitude toward people who give me their opinion of the way I live.  I don't want to give any open door to the enemy.

Dr Warrick also reminded me my God raises people from the dead (vs 9).  This not only means physical healing but also healing in relationships, emotional bodies, mental bodies, etc.  I was reminded of the victories won the weekend Dan Bohi was with us on Saturday night and then the Holy Spirit continued with victories on Sunday morning.  

The biggest reminder of the message was to keep my focus on the Lord (vs 12).  I need to make sure to look at the big picture.  It is important for me to not manipulate the circumstances to get the result I wanted.  Instead I need to focus on what the Lord wants.  I'm grateful when this concept became my practice a few years ago.  What a freedom it brought into my life!

I think one of the coolest verses in this passage is the last part of verse eleven.  a rescue in which your prayers played such a crucial part.  My prayers are a part of God's rescue mission!  Woo hoo!  That is exciting!  What a blessing to be a part of such a great work!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning!  I'm not quite sure why it had to be at 5:30 but I want to do as You ask of me so here I am up.  I am grateful for this time with You before my day gets started.  Maybe this early stuff is my new norm but I will admit that it will take some getting use to!  Lord, thank You for the reminders from Dr Warrick's message.  I praise You Lord for his ministry.  Bless him and his family in abundance.  Lord, I praise Your Holy Name for using my prayers to be a part of Your rescue mission.  I praise Your Holy Name for giving me the opportunity to be Your servant.  Lord, more of You and less of me.  Father, I pray I won't miss any opportunities that come my way today to be You to others.  Lord, I also pray that as I continue to weather this storm in my life with the MS that You will be glorified.  Father, I would like to pray for specifics in regard to this but I feel like I need to continue on this path as You lead.  Heal me, Lord.  Thank You for being My Lord, God Almighty!  Amen.





No comments: