Thursday, October 2, 2014

I John 2:15-17 - "Where I Belong"


Wow…this picture hits the nail on the head.  Last night in our corporate prayer time the Lord brought to my mind so many people who are miserable right now because they have allowed the enemy a foothold into their lives.  A couple weeks ago they had victory and the enemy didn't like it so he attacked them.  Unfortunately, they succumbed to his ways instead of leaning on the Lord's strength.  It saddens me to see people going through unnecessary junk.  We are free to choose what path we take.  Whether we will choose God's way or satan's way is our choice.  Or perhaps we will take the middle road where we try both ways.  But no matter what there are consequences that go along with our choice.

Choosing God's Way will give one a life of peace and rest.  It doesn't mean there won't be troubles but it does mean we will have a supernatural power to handle whatever comes our way.

Choosing the enemy's way will give one a life of chaos.  A life lived with and for the enemy may seem great for a while but the eternal consequences are what are important.

Choosing the middle of the road where one lives for God for awhile but then gives into the enemy's temptation is where a lot of people live.  They want to live as they want to.  They refuse to totally surrender to the Lord because then they would feel weak.  Once again, eternal consequences are so important.  

Today I am praying for many who are trying to live in this world and yet from time to time try to live for God.  I am praying for them to realize we can't love this world and love the Lord.  In other words, this world isn't our eternal home.  In order to live with the Lord for eternity we must live for Him while on this earth.  Yes, we have to live in this world but we don't have to live of this world.

This morning I am praying for those who had victory yet are dealing with attacks from the enemy...

the one being hit in the area of finances
the one having relationship issues with friends
the two having major marriage issues
the one struggling due to job demands
the one feeling worthless
the one very overwhelmed with schedule demands
the one who has been out of the fellowship with other believers for numerous reasons

I pray each one of these will read the words of I John 2:15-17 and choose the path of the Lord instead of the world.   






Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.






I am so grateful I can sing this song with the knowledge that I truly mean the words…

All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the life of surrender I live.  Thank You for laying it on heart to take the path You put before me instead of the path the world wants me to take.  Father, I pray for those struggling with choosing You for a life of surrender.  I pray for those who are trying to live in the world and of the world at the same time.  Lord, help us all to live for You.  Thank You Father for being My Eternity!  Amen.

No comments: