Monday, October 27, 2014

John 15:14 - Obedience


John 15:14 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” (Jesus’ speaking)

Obedience is key in my relationship with the Lord.  As I am obedient, He blesses me more and more.  Sometimes the blessings come in small ways while other times they come in big ways.  The Lord blessed me mightily today as I dealt with physical pain yet was able to minister to many.  He blessed me with one who was in a tough situation yet had the biggest smile on her face and told me over and over again how blessed she is by the Lord.  He also blessed me with seeing tears when I prayed with people.  Those tears were tears of realization that the Lord is with them even in tough days.  Another blessing was being able to hug a friend who is going through a tough time.  

Yesterday was full of blessings too!  Even though I had to take a couple hippy-hippy shake pills yesterday morning He blessed me with being a part of the praise team with no problems.  He also blessed me as I ministered with my church family with the "Loads of Love" project at the local laundromat.  

Obedience leads down a path of known and unknown.  He asks me to do things I never would have imagined myself doing.  He also asks me to follow Him to unknown places.  My obedience blesses Him and He in turn blesses me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me in so many ways!  I was blessed in great ways at the Spiritual Renewal Friday.  Then Saturday I was blessed with listening to the Prayer Awakening.  Yesterday I was blessed in corporate worship and as we shared You with others at the laundromat.  Today I was blessed in so many different ways by so many different people.  You are so awesome!  Lord, thank You for getting me through this day even with the pain I am having.  I pray for Your healing touch upon my body.  Lord, thank You for being My Blesser.  Amen.

No comments: