Thursday, October 16, 2014

II Timothy 1:7 - "Washed By The Water"

I woke up this morning with a song that 3:16 sings, "Washed By The Water."  My first thought was, "Oh no!  Is this God's way of preparing me for something that is going to happen to us?"  He was quick to remind me of the last part of the song…

Even when the Earth crumbles under my feet
Even when the ones I love turn around and crucify me
I wont never ever let you down
I wont fall
I wont fall
I wont fall as long as you're around me


No matter what comes our way we will depend upon the Lord to get us through.  We will be reminded of…

Even when the rain falls
Even when the flood starts rising
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water


He is the One who will protect us.  He is the One who will get us through the mountains and the valleys of life.  We have nothing to fear.  II Timothy 1:7 tells us, God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid.  He gave us a spirit of power, love and self-control.  Through His Spirit we have power to stand when others try to knock us down.  Through His Spirit we have love to love those who are so hard to love.  Through His Spirit we have self-control to not allow humanly attributes to show through but rather to allow Jesus to show through in our actions.

This morning there are just so many who need to stand on the Lord's strength in these tough days…

  • people who are being persecuted by family members for being believers
  • families who are at odds with one another
  • people with severe health issues and their family members
  • family members of those with addictions
  • those who have lost loved ones in recent days
  • marriages that are falling apart
  • the parents with rebellious teenagers
  • our country, our government, the ebola
If the Lord would return today, I would be so excited to be leaving the junk of this world to live in peace for eternity.  But when He returns if I have the chance to think about it I would be saddened for all those who won't have that same eternity.  He is the Only Hope in this dark world.  If we don't accept Him and surrender fully to Him, we have no hope.  So sad to think about.  

Dear Jesus,
I must admit the thoughts of this morning are sobering.  The tears flow in hurt of those who don't know and/or believe they are "washed by the water" or that You are their only Hope.  Father, open people's eyes.  I pray for the specific situations I am praying for to have victory.  I pray for people to not only accept You but to fully surrender to You.  Lord, as I go throughout my day today I pray people will see You in me.  More of You and less of me is my prayer.  Please direct my words and my actions.  Father, it's so hard to not be crabby or short with my words when I am struggling physically.  Please protect my mouth.  I could stay in the house and not have contact with anyone but that is not what You are calling me to do.  So I will walk in II Timothy 1:7.  I will have power.  I will have love.  I will have self-control.  OK…you really need to work on the self-control part for me…LOL.  Thank You Jesus for being My Hope.  Amen.



No comments: