Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Matthew 22:34-40 - "Completely"

I love, love, love the song "Completely" by Among the Thirsty.  Part of it goes...
  • I am completely surrendering
    Finally giving You everything
    You're my redeemer, I run to the cross
    Because You are more than enough
    Lord complete me
    Cause I'm Yours completely


    The day I completely surrendered to the Lord was the day I found His peace.  It was the day I found His love in a deeper way than I've ever experienced it.  There's one part that goes, "But You pulled up my selfishness from it's roots…"  I am seeing so many people who are being selfish to the point of hurting others so deeply.  It grieves my heart.  I can't imagine what it does to the Lord.  If people would only realize it's not about themselves but needs to be about the Lord, the world would be such a better place.
    My heart is broken tonight for the child who is being torn between parents who have separated.  It is not the child's fault they can't get along.  The child should not have to pay the price for what the adults are doing.  I hesitate to even use the term "adults" in this situation because they sure aren't acting like adults.  My heart is also broken tonight for the wife who is shutting her husband out of her life because she doesn't want to live a life with the Lord and for the husband who isn't living a life for the Lord.  Why don't people think before they marry?  My heart is also broken tonight for the one who has walked away from a friendship and hurting the other person involved.  Why won't people talk things out instead of being bullheaded?  

    As I prayed with one this evening who is in his last days I had to think about these ones.  Would they be living their life any different if they were told they only had "days" to live?  Would they think twice before subjecting others with their hateful ways?  Would they offer a truce to mend a relationship?  Would they even think about where they would be spending eternity?  I'm not the judge but I believe we are to love one another not fight with one another.  His word tells us in Matthew 22..

    34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”  37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
    Dear Jesus,
    I pray for people to realize the importance of loving one another.  I pray more people will totally surrender to You so they will love one another in the manner You so desire.  Father, be with these ones I've mentioned.  Touch their lives in a way that will make an eternal difference.  Lord, I pray for this one and his family who are suffering so.  Give them Your strength just as I prayed for them when I was with them.  Lord, thank You for being the One I Am Completely Surrendered To.  Amen.

No comments: