Thursday, October 30, 2014

Deuteronomy 4:29; Various Scriptures - "The More I Seek You"

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deuteronomy 4:29

I woke up this morning singing "I want to sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hand, lay back against You and breathe and feel Your heartbeat…Your love is so deep….it's more than I can stand…"  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!  Thank You for putting the desire in my heart to live a 24/7 life with You.  Thank You for accepting my surrender and blessing it mightily.  "The more I seek You, the more I find You, the more I find You the more I love You…"  When we find Jesus as our personal Savior, we are blessed in so many ways.  For one, we are blessed in the knowledge that we will live for eternity with Him.  Another way we are blessed is having Him with us to love on us, direct our path, care for us…take care of us.  When we totally surrender to the Lord, we our doubly blessed.  He directs our path in a new way.  We no longer have to worry about making decisions because He will make decisions for us.  He will be there to lead us into doing things we sometimes could never imagine doing.  

When we live a life of surrender, we find ourselves sitting at the feet of Jesus more and more.  It is at the feet of Jesus we find…

  • …a place of pardon - Luke 7:38 - Jesus is ready to forgive our sins, no matter how "bad" we think we are.
  • …a place of healing - Matthew 15:30 - No matter if we need a physical touch upon our body or if we need a mental, emotional or spiritual healing, He is ready to heal.  Too many people are dealing with worldly wounds that need the callouses removed in order to be able to be healed.
  • …a place of learning - Luke 10:39 - We learn so much when we stop being a "Martha" who is constantly busy and start being a "Mary" who listens.
  • …a place of prayer - Mark 5:22-23 - He is always ready to hear our prayers.  Sometimes we throw up a "flair prayer" where we need help and those are fine.  But the more time we put into prayer, the closer we will be drawn to Him.
  • …a place of thanksgiving - Luke 17:16 - Every breathe we take is a gift from God.  We need to daily thank Him for all He gives to us.
  • …a place of rest - Luke 8:35 - We all need physical rest but it is also important that we have rest in our emotional and mental bodies.  
  • …a place of worship - Revelation 1:17 - Worship isn't just to be practiced in a church building.  Worship needs to be a way of life.  In order to worship Him, we must be still in His presence.

Jesus is here for us at all times.  The desire of His heart is for us to live a life of surrender to Him.  He wants us to sit at His feet and receive all He has for us.  He wants to give us a place of pardon, a place of healing, a place of learning, a place of prayer, a place of thanksgiving, a place of rest, and a place of worship to come to.  The more we seek Him, the more we will find Him.  In turn, the more we find Him the more we will fall deeper in love with Him.  It all comes back to giving Him our time.  When we realize our time is not ours but is His, we will receive such a blessing.  When we realize our money is not really ours but His, we will be so blessed.  When we quit worrying over loved ones and give them to Him, He will bless us abundantly.  

Dear Jesus,
I thank You for waking me up this morning.  I thank You for giving me breathe.  Lord, I'm not sure what all is ahead for You and I today but I know I don't want to do anything not in Your plan for me.  Guide my steps to wherever You so desire.  Guide my words and my actions.  Father, enable me to serve others in the way You so desire.  Lord, so many hurting people…I know it takes them coming to You to receive a healing.  Would You use me to enable them to find You?  Would You use something I say for them to make a change in their life so they can live in Your presence?  Thank You, Father, for using me as Your servant.  I pray for more of You and less of me.  Thank You Jesus for being My Stillness.  Amen.


No comments: