Monday, October 20, 2014

Matthew 21:21-22 - "Mighty To Save"

I love when I'm asked to sing with the Praise Team.  It is such a blessing!  Worshiping the Lord is one of my favorite things to do.  It is especially a blessing to see others worshiping Him.  As the words of "Mighty To Save" were coming from my mouth I thought about all the people not there that need to hear and believe the words to this song.

Savior, He can move the mountains…
There are so many people who have mountains before them that seem impossible to move.  Marriage issues, relationship issues with their children, health issues, financial issues, etc.  The list goes on and on.  How can the Lord move the mountain?  We find the answer in Matthew 21.

21 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

We can't move the mountains before us.  Only the Lord can.  First, in order for a mountain to be moved we must believe He can take care of things.  Secondly, we must surrender to Him. That's the part many people get hung up on.  They don't have a problem with believing but they don't want to surrender to Him.  It's sad to think about how many mountains would be moved out of people's lives if they would just surrender.  

Verse twenty-two is one that many struggle with.  If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.  Many think all they have to do is pray and God will give them what they want.  That's not what this verse means.  We are told to pray "…your will be done…" (Matthew 6).  His will may not be what we want.  How does one accept His will when it doesn't follow along with our desires?  Simple.  When one is surrendered fully to Him, it's easy to accept His will.  The desires of one's heart will be the same as the desires of His heart.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me.  Thank You for loving me.  Thank You for accepting me.  Father, I pray for more of You to shine through me today and less of me.  I pray for anyone I come in contact with to feel Your love through me.  Lord, I pray for the people with mountains in their lives.  I pray they will see the way to moving their mountains is to believe and to surrender.  Father, open eyes…open hearts…open minds to a surrendered life with You.  Thank You Jesus for being My Mountain Mover.  Amen.


No comments: