Friday, October 3, 2014

Philippians 1:21-23 - "Oh Glorious Day"

As I came into the living room this morning I was met with the sound of the wind chimes outside the window.  My first thought was, "My Daddy is singing to me."  What a blessing from Jenn and Jeremy when my Daddy died.  It's a gift that keeps giving.  Not only does it make beautiful music but it also brings back fond memories.  It's so neat how the Lord will bring back different memories on different occasions.  

This morning the memory was of our Sunday afternoon drives.  After church we would get in the car and take off.  When it was just me at home my Daddy would say, "Sheila Babe, which direction do you want me to go?"  Then every time we came to a stop I was allowed to chose whether we went left or right.  I loved those adventures.  My favorite part of them was that my Daddy, my Mommy and I would sing.  Normally it would be hymns but there were also some old songs they taught me.  There is one they taught me that is sad yet it was one of my favorites because my Daddy belted it out!  "Oh I am sad and lonely since Mother went away…and I again shall meet her when dawn's another day…she waits for me in heaven…"

I miss my Daddy so much but I'm grateful for the memories I have of him.  When Doc's parents passed I cross stitched this picture and then after my Daddy passed I had the top picture made for the grouping.


As I sit here and think of the three of them I am blessed in knowing I will see them again.  I don't know if that will happen with my earthly death or if it will happen with the Lord's return.  But no matter how it happens I know I am ready.  What a glorious day that will be when we are reunited.  Until that day I need to make sure I am living for the Lord so there is no doubt I will see them again.  I am standing on Philippians 1:21-23.  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me.  Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell.  I am hard pressed between the two.  My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.  I know the Lord has me on this earth for a purpose but I also know I yearn to be with Him in heaven.


Dear Jesus,
I praise You for the way You bring such wonderful memories into my life of my loved ones.  I praise You for the way You care for me.  Thank You for the gift from Jenn and Jeremy that keeps on giving.  Lord, I pray for the ones who are burying their loved one today.  He was a great believer and there is not doubt he is with You.  What a great reunion he is having with all his buddies up there in heaven.  Father, I pray for those who don't know You to find You.  I pray for those who have no hope in this world to find hope in You.  Lord, direct my path today to be You to others.  As I always pray…more of You and less of me.  Thank You Jesus for being My Hope.  Amen.


No comments: