Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Acts 16:13 - "Down To The River To Pray"

On the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside where prayer was customarily made and we sat down and spoke to the women who met there (Acts:16:13).

The Lord woke me up early this morning with a song 3:16 sings called, "Down To The River To Pray" and told me I needed to pray for three specific people.  Sometimes it's easier to pray general prayers instead of when He has me pray for specific issues/people.  There are times He reveals things to me that I would rather not know.  It is in those times that I ask Him, "Why do I have to know these things?"  His reply, "Daughter, they need you to intercede for them.  They have come to a point in their life where the enemy is who they are listening to." So, how do I pray and why did the Lord give me this particular song this morning?  I believe He gave me this song because of the words.  He wanted me to realize the importance of listening to Him.  "Good Lord show me the way!"  Plain and simple.  In order for me to pray for these three I must listen for direction.   

The Apostle Paul gives the example of going to the river to pray in Acts 16:13.  I imagine it was a peaceful place to get away and pray.  But then just a few days later he was put in jail and we find him praying there too.  One of these situations was a peaceful one while the other one had a bit of stress in it.  Paul's example of praying no matter where you are or what you are going through is one that encourages me.  When the Lord woke me early this morning, my preference would have been to ignore Him and go to sleep.  But I couldn't do that, especially when He told me people were listening to the enemy and I needed to intercede.  If I would have went back to sleep and something happened to them that caused their death, where would they go?  I sure don't want anyone to live eternity with the enemy.

So I prayed and will continue to pray for these three…

  • One who made a deeper commitment with the Lord a few weeks ago and the Lord revealed to me this morning they are back in believing the lies of the enemy.  They are back to living a "fake" life again where they appear to be fine in the Lord when they truly aren't.
  • Another one who made a deeper commitment with the Lord a few weeks ago who is struggling in their relationships.  The Lord revealed to me the enemy doesn't like the decisions made and is attacking this one with evil thoughts of distrust in their relationships.
  • The third one is for a physical healing from the Lord.  They are strong in their faith but fear is coming into their life with a particular physical ailment.  The Lord told me to pray for "peace" for them.
As a human being, I want to go to these three and talk with them but I know I can't unless the Lord directs me to.  If I get that direction, I will go to them.  No matter what I will continue to pray for them.  I appreciate the way He confirms things with me through using the same words from a few weeks ago as I prayed for the one as He gave me today.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the physical strength to get through this day with getting up so early.  I must admit 5AM is not by favorite time of the day but when You call me to pray I will be obedient.  Father, thank You for a peaceful time of prayer "As I went down in the river to pray…"  Thank You for showing me the way to pray this morning.  Lord, touch these three who need interceded for.  Bless them mightily with victory in their situations.  Lord, thank You for who You are in my life.  Thank You for giving me the power to knock the enemy down when he comes knocking at my door.  Father, thank You for being My Way.  Amen.



No comments: