Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hebrews 11:1 - FAITH


I start out my day with praying and giving the day ahead to the Lord.  I pray for His will and His direction throughout my day.  When we make big decisions, we pray for Him to open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed.  A life of faith is a life of peace.  It is a life where one doesn't have to worry about making decisions because they know the Lord is the One in control.  

A couple months ago we were given the opportunity to go to Jerusalem next spring.  We prayed and both felt the Lord confirming we were to go.  Sitting down and trying to figure out the money is where the faith came into play in a mighty way.  We know where half of it is coming from but not sure on the rest.  The Lord said, "I will provide."  He has always provided so I have no doubt He will for this too.  

I was thinking about those who make decisions without praying.  How can one be at peace with a decision if the Lord doesn't put His stamp of approval on it?  I don't think they can.  I think that's when doubt creeps in.  They begin to wonder if they made the right decision or not.  Even those who pray about a decision can have doubts when they allow the humanness to overplay the spiritual aspect of the situation.

I am a perfect example of that.  I sent out a message saying I was raising money for our trip and was interested in speaking to groups for a love offering.  I didn't hear anything right away and the human side of me started thinking about where the money was going to come from.  The Lord's words came into my mind.  "I will provide."  My thoughts were, "Sheila you said you were taking a step of faith so you need to practice what you preach."  Within a few days of this I received a second call to speak.  Praise God!  This morning I was given a different type of opportunity to make some money.  The Lord will provide.  I have faith of it.  He may not do it in my timing but He will do it.  

Taking a step of faith means having no back-up plan.  There is no way humanly possible for us to pay for this trip.  Therefore, it was a step of faith in saying "yes."  We are putting into practice Hebrews 11:1.  "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  Our hope is in hearing from the Lord as we do His Will.  We don't know where that will lead us but we are ready to do whatever He desires of us and go wherever He leads.  Some people believe we are crazy in the way we live our life.  But it doesn't matter what people think.  The Lord is the Only One we need to please.  Living a life of faith is something that I believe truly pleases Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You are putting before me to raise the money for this trip.  I pray for the ones who will hear You through me.  I also pray as You direct my writing for these two events You will be so real on what You want shared.  Father, I praise You for the way You will provide the finances for this trip and also protection for us as we go.  Lord, more of You and less of me is my prayer today.  I also pray for Your leading as I go throughout this day.  Thank You Jesus for being My Faith Builder.  Amen.

No comments: