Saturday, October 4, 2014

James 5:7-10 - "My Heart Is Yours"


 7 Therefore submit to God.  Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.  Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.  James 5:7-10



I love this picture!  Every day I pray for the Lord to give me more of Him and less of me.  The desire of my heart is that I am doing the desires of His heart.  I love to hear His Voice, to know His Direction.  This morning as I was laying in bed praying the Lord revealed something to me that I need to surrender.  I didn't even realize that it was getting between the two of us.  It's something I've been dealing with in a relationship and have prayed about.  I didn't realize I was allowing the enemy to creep in through bad thoughts.  As I prayed, I told the Lord that He is my Creator.  Therefore, He knows the way I am.  He agreed with that statement but added a "but" to it.  "Daughter, you are correct that I am Your Creator but You must not allow the enemy any foothold to make you have bad thoughts."  This sentence took me to the questions about the enemy having a foothold.  How did the enemy have a foothold?  What have I done to give it to him?  What came into my live to allow the enemy right-of-way?  The Lord replied, "He creeps in like a slithering snake.  He can't always be seen yet he is there."  Lord help me.  Some things that give the enemy a foothold are plain and simple.  Reading a book or watching a TV show/movie with "junk" in it are two commons way I have found for the enemy to get in.  I've also found that people who have the enemy in them can also bring him into my life.  No matter what way he got in, I asked the Lord to remove him.  I asked Him to cleanse anything out of my life that wasn't of Him.  He immediately gave me the song, "My Heart Is Yours."  



Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!  I sing and am deeply committed to the bridge.  "In Your presence I will live…"  Yes!  That is where I will live.  "In Your presence…"  Thank You Lord!  

All to Jesus I surrender
All to You I freely give
Oh I will ever love and trust You
In Your presence I will live

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this revelation this morning.  Thank You for loving me so much that even my thoughts need to be examined by You.  Woo hoo!  You are such an Awesome God!  I praise Your Holy Name!  Father, I am submitting my whole being to You…including my thoughts.  I am standing on James 5:7-10.  I submit to You…I will resist the devil…I will draw near to You…I desire to be cleansed and purified…I accept joy through You in all situations…I humble myself before You, Lord.  Thank You Jesus for being My Revealer.  Amen.

No comments: