Friday, October 31, 2014

Ephesians 6:10-20; Various Scriptures - "Fix My Eyes"


Ephesians 6:10-20 are orders from the Lord that all believers need to follow each and every day.  There is so much in this world that tries to pull us away from the Lord.  People, circumstances, health issues, family issues…the list goes on and on.  But we must remember that no matter what comes our way He is with us.  When we put on the full armor of God and keep our eyes fixed on Him, we will have victory each and every day.

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.  18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
I want to be like the Apostle Paul and say "…I am an ambassador in chains."  I am faithful in "…praying for all the Lord's people."  I want for people to see Jesus in me.  I want them to see me going through the struggles of life with the Lord oozing out of me.  He is my strength. He is the One who directs my path.  What a blessing to be living for Him.  It saddens me to see believers who are struggling.  Many won't allow the Lord full control of their life so they struggle with the same issue over and over when it's unnecessary.  Yes, they may have to deal with the same issue but when one is surrendered to the Lord they will have His strength and direction to get through it.  

Spiritual warfare is so real but unfortunately many have their eyes closed to it.  How can you be ready for it if you won't acknowledge it?  You can't.  We must acknowledge it and be prepared as these verses tell us.  It doesn't mean we need to find a demon behind every busy or give credit to satan.  But we do need to be in a relationship with the Lord where we hear from Him so we will know when it is the enemy knocking at our door.  The Apostle Paul tells us in Romans 6 that we have sin in ourselves that needs conquered.  In Ephesians 6 he tells us the war is against the evil one.  He tells us to put on the spiritual armor God gives us. 
  • We are to speak the truth when the enemy tells lies.
  • We need to recognize Jesus died a sacrificial death for us which gives us righteousness.
  • We must stand firm in our faith no matter what comes our way.
  • We are to proclaim the Gospel no matter what.
  • We must always remember that we have salvation which in turn will give us eternal life.
Jesus is the example we must follow.  Satan tempted Him in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1-11) yet He continued to be strong in His faith.  We need to remember the Word of God is the most powerful weapon we have against the enemy.  Jesus told him, "It is written."  Why?  Because He knew the Word of God is powerful.  I think of how many times I say scripture when the enemy comes knocking.
  • Philippians 4:13 - When I feel weakness whether it be physical, emotional, mental or spiritual.
  • II Timothy 1:7 - When I am afraid of what is thrown before me.
  • Psalm 139:14 - When I feel worthless.
  • James 1:2 - When the enemy is trying to steal my joy.
  • Philippians 4:6 - When I am anxious.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for reminding me of the importance of having Your full armor of God on.  Father, I pray for more people to realize the importance of being ready to stand firm in You each and every day.  Lord, bless my efforts in being Your servant.  I pray for You to guide my steps today, wherever You lead me.  I pray for You to speak through me.  I pray for my focus to not stray from You today.  Father, more of You and less of me is my prayer.  Thank You Jesus for being My Full Armor.  Amen.



No comments: