Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Romans 12:2 - "Something Beautiful"

Change.  Sometimes we fight it to the very end.  Sometimes we accept it with open arms.  So many times I've heard people say, "I don't like change."  Just this morning I found that my email format has changed and I don't like it but I'm sure I'll get use to it.  LOL  I saw this picture the other day...


It made me stop and think about how much the Lord has changed me throughout my life.  How many times He chose to change me and I allowed Him without resistance and how many times I went kicking and screaming during the whole process.  I'm thankful I am now in a place in my relationship with Him where I want to do whatever He wants of me.  If He wants to change me, so be it.  If He wants to smooth some edges, woo hoo!  When you think of these different examples in this saying by Rick Warren, you can see how something plain can become something beautiful.  I love the song by Need To Breathe called "Something Beautiful."  The chorus says exactly how I feel...

Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees.
I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful



Change is something we don't always like but it is definitely something that is necessary.  People wouldn't be saved if they didn't change.  There has to be the desire to change our lifestyle in order to accept salvation through repentance.  Then the next step is allowing the Holy Spirit to change us.  Romans 12:2 reads:  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.   Transformed.  Changed.  We must allow it in order to grow in our spiritual walk.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for change.  Thank You for loving me enough to want to mold me into what You so desire of me.  Lord, forgive me when I resist Your changes.  Father, I pray for whatever You desire of me.  I want to be who You want me to be.  Thank You Jesus for being My Changer!  Amen.

No comments: