Thursday, October 3, 2013

Romans 12 - "Make Me A Blessing"


I saw this picture this morning and immediately thought about how being a blessing is one of my favorite things to do.  Whether it is helping someone in need, talking with someone, loving on someone who is hurting or however the Lord leads.....when I am a blessing, I am blessed.  I love to help others feel the love of Jesus.  As I reflect back on my life, there were times where I didn't always feel His love.  It wasn't because He didn't love me but instead it was because I wasn't allowing Him to love me.  I am thankful to be in a different relationship with Him today.  I am thankful to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that He loves me.  It is because of this knowledge that I am able to be a blessing to others.  

I am reminded of the words of the hymn "Make Me A Blessing" this morning...

Out in the highways and byways of life many are weary and sad; carry the sunshine where darkness is rife, making the sorrowing glad. Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love. Tell of His pow’r to forgive; others will trust Him if only you prove true every moment you live.Give as ’twas given to you in your need. Love as the Master loved you; be to the helpless a helper indeed; unto your mission be true. Chorus: Make me a blessing, make me a blessing! Out of my life may Jesus shine. Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray. Make me a blessing to someone today. 

"...carry the sunshine where darkness is rife..."  
       That's my goal each and every day.  I want people to see Jesus shine through me.

"Give as 'twas given to you in your need."
        When I was growing up, there were many times due to my parents physical issues that                    people supplied food, gifts at Christmas, health care, etc. for my family.  Not only were physical things provided but most of all Jesus' love was freely shown to us.  

"Love as the Master loved you;"
        I strive to love everyone with Jesus' love.  It's not always easy but with the Holy Spirit in me, it is possible.  

"Make me a blessing to someone today."
         This is my number one goal when my feet hit the floor each morning.  I want to bless others so they in turn will be a blessing to someone.  I want people to know that Jesus is why I am the way I am.  He is my inspiration to love on everyone.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for making me a blessing to others.  Thank You for shining through me as I go throughout my day.  Father, even on days like today where I need to rest would you please use me in some way to be a blessing?  I praise You Lord for technology that gives me opportunities to be a blessing through my words.  Thank You Jesus for being My Inspiration! Amen.

A Living Sacrifice

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Humble Service in the Body of Christ

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Love in Action

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction,faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[e]
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.






No comments: