Saturday, October 26, 2013

Philippians 4:13 - "I Go To The Rock"

I had a prayer request last night from someone who just needs the Lord to be very close to them.  Life has been very tough for them for quite a while and their words were "I'm just tired."  The Lord woke me up to pray for them throughout the night and then this morning woke me up singing "I Go To The Rock."  Praise His Holy Name!  I pray for those struggling with life today to lean upon The Rock.  

"When the storms of life are threatening?  Who do I turn to when those winds of sorrows blow?"  Yes, He is there during all of the tough times of life!


"The Lord is a rock for my salvation; The Lord is the stone that the builders rejected; I run to the mountain and the mountain, he stands by me; When the Earth all around me is sinking sand; On Christ, the solid rock I stand; When I need a shelter, when I need a friend; I go to the rock..."  Praise the Lord for the knowledge that He is our Strength at all times.  He doesn't stop and ask us questions but instead just lets us lean on Him.  He doesn't even give us a time limit but rather is always there for us for as long as we need.

When circumstances of life seem overwhelming, Our Rock is there for us.
When relationships are falling apart, Our Rock is there for us.
When family members are sick and dealing with diseases, Our Rock is there for us.
When we don't know how we are going to put food on the table, Our Rock is there for us.
When we feel ugly and worthless, Our Rock is there for us.

It's exciting to me to know I have My Rock to lean on.  Once again, I am reminded of the verse the Lord gave me almost twenty years ago...Philippians 4:13.  "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  Woo hoo!  That verse has brought me through many tough things...MS exasperations, back and cervical surgeries, relationship issues, the death of my Daddy.  I praise My Rock for being here for me no matter what.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for always being here during tough times.  You are so awesome in the way You never leave us...You never turn us away...You are always there.  Lord, will You remind those who need Your Strength of this today?  Would You wrap Your loving arms around them and encourage them?  Would You please give Your direction to those who are faltering?  Thank You Jesus for being My Rock.  Amen.

No comments: