Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Philippians 2:9-11; John 14:13 - "Just Say Jesus"

I woke up this morning singing "Just Say Jesus" and thought, "Wow Lord!  You speak in such a neat way!"  Today I will be in contact with those who are putting our dear sister Sandy to rest.  She has already gone to be with Jesus but today is her funeral.  A time of closure for the family.  A time where the words that are spoken may not be remembered yet are so important.  

"Just Say Jesus"  Woo hoo!   I love the chorus to this song...

When you don't know what to say
Just say Jesus
There is power in the name
The name of Jesus
If the words won't come
Cause you're to afraid to pray
Just say Jesus

I pray Sandy's family will grasp this concept that the Lord is here for them.  He will get them through tough days.  He needs them to turn to Him in order for His Healing to happen.  I honestly don't know how I would have ever got through my Daddy's funeral if I wouldn't have had a personal relationship with the Lord.  His desire is to be our strength.  

There is power in the name
The name of Jesus

The peace that comes over us is phenomenal when we say His name.  But in order to have the total peace we first must be in relationship with Him.  The words of Philippians 2:9-11 show just how powerful the name of Jesus is.  Matthew Henry writes:  "At the name of Jesus, not the mere sound of the word, but the authority of Jesus, all should pay solemn homage. It is to the glory of God the Father, to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord; for it is his will, that all men should honour the Son as they honour the Father, John 5:23. Here we see such motives to self-denying love as nothing else can supply."



Phil 2:9-11
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (NIV)



I think of that church sign I've seen from time to time....
Know God, know peace
No God, no peace

All we have to do is call upon His name, repent and accept Him as the Lord of our life, and then He will give us His Peace.  Peace to get through trying days such as what we have to go through when we lose a loved one.  Peace to get through trying days as we deal with family issues.  Peace to get through trying days as the paycheck isn't stretching enough to pay the bills or put food on the table.  Peace to get through trying days as we feel like we are at the end of our rope and we can no longer hang on.  


John 14:13 "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.   (NKJ)

Ask.  Plain and simple.  That's all we have to do in order to have the Lord's Peace.  The song continues...

Whisper it now, or shout it out
However it comes out, He hears your cry
Out of nowhere He will come, you got to believe it
He will rescue you
Just call out to the Way, The Truth, The Light

Praise His Holy Name for hearing our cries!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for hearing my cries!  Thank You for being there when I say "Jesus"!  Thank You for giving me Your Peace!  Lord, I pray for those who don't know Your Peace.  I pray someone will go before them and say or do something to lead them to You.  Father, I pray You will point me in the direction of those who need You.  Thank You Jesus for being My Rescuer!  Amen.


No comments: