Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hebrews 13:3 - Persecuted Church

I am so blessed.  Woo hoo!  It amazes me to think of how many people in this world aren't allowed to profess their faith.  Many aren't allowed to sit in their front yard, reading their Bible and praising the Lord just as I am doing this morning.  It is sad to think of all of the people who have to hide their worship.  The persecuted church.  Here in our country we don't think about it much, if any at all.  We should be praying for them each and every day.

Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.    Hebrews 13:3

Those who live in the areas of the world that are considered to be the persecuted church are in their own type of prison.  Not being allowed to worship God means they are being mistreated and they are suffering.  

The second Sunday of November is known as the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church.  Believers are asked to pray for the persecuted church on that Sunday.  But why wait until that Sunday?  Why not pray now?  Not only am I praying for those around the world who are suffering but I also think of those right here in my own world.  There are believers who are the only believer living in their household.  They get ridiculed for going to church.  Their are some who get in trouble with their spouse for giving money to the church.  They need prayed for too.  Even though their suffering is different than someone who isn't allowed to worship the Lord by their government, they still are suffering.  Some have given up the fight. The enemy has won in their life.   Their fight against the enemy has become too great for them.  That makes me sad.  I pray they will find the Lord's strength to come back to Him.

It also makes me sad to think of the people around the world who are losing their lives for being Christians.  But when I think about it I really shouldn't be sad.  Isn't that what we are suppose to do?  Stand up for the Lord no matter what.   This video shows what some believers in India are going through.  

http://releasetv.org/media/video/idop2013.mov

When Doc was in India a few years ago, he was poisoned.  The effects he went through for many months were scary.  Thankfully there was an Indian doctor on board his flight back that told him what to take until he could get home to see his own doctor.  Our doctor said had he not taken it he would have died.  He was sick for many months and went through test after test.  We prayed for the Lord to heal him and were thankful when He did.  Doc went through a time of physical suffering for the Lord.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the freedom I have to worship You.  Thank You for the opportunities You give me to be You to others.  Father, I pray You will first of all be with the believers who live in a household where no one else believes.  Father, help us as fellow believers to support them.  Show us, Lord, how to give them the strength they need to stand up in their fight.  Father, I also pray for those who live in countries where they aren't allowed to openly worship.  Put a hedge of protection around them, Lord.  Father, once again thank You for the freedom I have.  Please do not ever allow me to take advantage of that freedom.  Thank You Lord for being My Freedom.  Amen.





No comments: