Friday, October 11, 2013

John 15:1-17 - "Accept Nothing Less than Jesus!"


I love, love, love this!  Jesus is all we need.  We don't need "stuff" to make us happy when we have Jesus.  As humans, we tend to only allow Him into our lives when it's convenient.  We won't allow Him free reign.  Instead we give Him just a little of us...every now and then.  The key to true happiness is when we turn over everything to Him.  Not only do we "Invite Him into your heart" but then we will "Embrace Him" which takes our relationship deeper.  "Talk often with your Friend, and His Light Will Fill Your Life!"  Woo hoo!  Once again, the key is being in relationship with Him.  We can't expect Him to be our Santa Claus in the sky and give us everything we ask for.  We must abide in Him and He in us.  

John 15 reads...


15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.


Verses 6-8 are key in telling us what will happen when we don't abide in Him and the benefits of abiding with Him.  Not only will we not produce fruit when we don't abide with Him but we will be cast out from Him.  When we think about it, abiding is not an option but rather a requirement for life.  I love the words of verse 7..."If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."  Woo hoo!  We can be confident in our prayer life when we abide with Him.  It doesn't always mean we will receive the answer we want but it does mean He will answer us.  I am thankful for the opportunity to abide in Him.  The fruit that I bear through my relationship with Him brings Him glory which is exciting!  

We don't have to accept anything less than the best...Jesus.   
We don't have to allow the enemy to tear us down...Our Lord is there for us at all time.
We don't have to feel like we have no one...He is always there for us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for abiding in me.  Thank You for showing me how to embrace You.  Thank You for leading me down the path before me.  Father, open my eyes to all opportunities that will be before me today.  Lord, I pray for honey to be on my lips through my words.  I pray for You to shine through me in a way that people will not have a doubt You are Lord of my life.  Thank You Jesus for being My Abider.  Amen.

No comments: