Thursday, October 17, 2013

Psalm 139:13-16; Romans 8:28-29 - "He Knows My Name"

I sure hope I get the opportunity to meet "the man in the motorcycle accident" because the Lord has me praying for him so much.  4:10 AM....my first question when I wake up in the middle of the night is, "Lord, who am I to pray for?"  This morning, once again, it was for this man.  I had to chuckle because I thought I need to get his name from the newspaper instead of always saying "the man in the motorcycle accident" but the Lord told me I didn't need to do that because He is the One who tells me to pray for him and He knows his name.  That statement reminded me of the song that goes...."He knows my name....He knows my every thought..."  


I think the most precious part of this song is the very last line..."And hears me when I call."  Woo hoo!  How special is that?!?!?  We never have to worry about Him not hearing us because He is always there for us.  We never have to worry about Him not knowing who we are because He knows our name...our "every thought" and "sees each tear that falls."  He gives us exactly what we need sometimes before we even need it.  Woo hoo!  I'm so thankful for the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father.  I'm also so grateful for the relationship I had with my earthly father while he was here on this earth.  I know the two went hand-in-hand.  I was capable of having a great relationship with my Heavenly Father because of the relationship I had with my earthly father.  And vice versa.  My Heavenly Father guided my earthly father to be a great daddy.  What a blessing to me!

I absolutely love the idea that the Lord knows me by name.  I don't think He ever gets confused like parents do by calling their children by a sibling's name.  LOL  I'm not just anyone but I am special to Him.  I'm not just a number but I am important.  The knowledge of this brings joy to my heart!  I am His and He is mine...woo hoo!  I was reading somewhere about how this particular aspect of our relationship with the Lord gives us our identity and the basis of our self-esteem.  When we are loved and accepted, our life is so different than for ones who are put down and/or rejected.  

I am reminded this morning of Psalm 139:13-16 that tells us that the Lord knows us from conception.  
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

I am also reminded of Romans 8:28-29 that tells us He is working in our lives for good.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestinedto be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for knowing my name....for hearing me when I call upon You...for loving me enough to bless me in ways that are sometimes hard to comprehend.  Lord, once again I pray for "the man in the motorcycle accident."  I don't understand, nor do I need to understand, why this one who I've never met has become so great in my prayers.  Father, touch his whole being.  I pray foremost for his spiritual life.  If he doesn't know you, please put someone before him who will lead him to You.  I also pray for a healing on his physical, emotional and mental body.  Lord, be with his family and encourage them.  Thank You Father for the reminder this morning that You know my name in a way that is only possible through a relationship with You.  Thank You Lord for being My Heavenly Father.  Amen.



No comments: