Monday, October 14, 2013

Jeremiah 29:11-13 and Various Scriptures on God's Will

Jeremiah 29:11-13 reads, 

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 

Many can quote Jeremiah 29:11 but I find the couple verses following it just as important.  He does know the plans He has for us.  But these verses show the importance of having a relationship with Him.  It is critical that we have communication with Him.  It's not because He doesn't already know our situation but rather it's because we need to draw close to Him.  "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  Woo hoo!  That's a great promise from the Lord to go along with the one in verse eleven.  


When we think about our lives, the decisions we make each and every day we must realize there is no reason to fret over them when we are living with the Lord.  He has everything under control.  The reason we fret is because we aren't totally in relationship with Him.  There are some keys found in these verses as to how to be totally in relationship with Him.


1)  We must call on Him....He is always there for us


2)  We must pray to Him...He always hears us


3)  We must seek Him...He is ready for us to find Him when we seek Him with our whole heart



"Must" is the key to each of these things.  It can't be that we only call on Him when we are in trouble.  It can't be that we only pray when we want something.  It can't be that we seek Him some of the time.  No, we have to do all these things 24/7....100% of our being.  Why?  Because then we will be living in His Will.  


9 Bible Verses About God's Will
1 Thessalonians 5:18
in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 2:15
For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Philippians 2:13
for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 8:27
and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
Isaiah 30:21
And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left.
John 6:38-40
"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."
James 1:5
But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for the promises of Your Word.  I praise You for the knowledge that I don't have to fret over anything.  I praise You that You know what opportunities You will put before me and all I have to do is be tuned into You in order to see them.  Thank You Jesus for being Planner!  Amen.

No comments: