Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Philippians 4:13 - Deficiency

I think this week's theme must be His Strength.  Yesterday as I heard, "Your Vitamin D level is very low" I thought, "I kind of thought that's what was going on."   I've been struggling with fatigue again which could be caused from the things I've been doing, low Vitamin D count or the stress I've been dealing with.  Or a combination of all three!  It's amazing to me how I went a year and a half with good levels due to soaking up the sunshine two summers ago.  It also amazes me how the Lord gets me through each and every day.  It's so hard to believe it will be twenty years in April since my MS diagnosis.  So much has happened over those years with my health and in my family.  The Lord has been my Strength through each and every situation.  Woo hoo!

When I think about having to take Vitamin D again, it reminds me of how we need to start or increase our spiritual supplements from time to time.  It could mean....


  • Starting a new Bible study or group.  
  • Reading our Bible more or praying more.
  • Getting involved in a new ministry.
  • Thinking more of others rather than ourselves.
  • Giving more time or resources to the Lord to bless however He desires.
The word supplement means: "Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole."  As I think of spiritual supplements I wonder what am I deficient in?  What does the Lord want me to do different in my life?  How can I strengthen my relationship with the Lord?  I love the part of the definition, "...strengthen the whole."  Isn't that what our spiritual walk is all about?  Everything we do for the Lord strengthens our whole being.  Woo hoo!  I am so grateful for the way He uses opportunities to bless me.  

So once again I am leaning on Philippians 4:13....Sheila can do all things through Christ who gives her strength!  The Lord continues to strengthen me each and every day.  I need His strength not only physically but also mentally, emotionally, spiritually and financially.  Praise His Holy Name for strengthening me in all those areas!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Strength that gets me through each and every day.  I praise You for the way You work through others and situations.  You are so awesome!  Lord, would You please open my eyes up to any areas in which I am deficit in my spiritual life?  Enable me, Lord, to understand more of what You want from me.  Thank You Jesus, once again, for being My Strength.  Amen.

No comments: