Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Matthew 7:13-14 - The Narrow Gate


If any of you should ask me for an epitome of the Christian religion, I should say that it is in one word - prayer. Live and die without prayer, and you will pray long enough when you get to hell.

I received a couple prayer requests last night that made me stop and really think.  So many times the prayer requests that come in are for physical needs.  But before I can pray for the physical needs I first must pray for the spiritual needs.  It amazes me how many people ask for prayer even when they don't have a personal relationship with the Lord.  I know some know of Him but others have never had any relationship with Him.  I'm thankful they ask for prayer because it shows something or someone is getting through to them.  

I don't want anyone to go to hell and if there is anything I can do to prevent it, I will.  I also don't want people to think God is our Santa Claus in the sky and will give us whatever we want.  It is ones who believe that who will blame God when life goes wrong.  Right now, in my little world, it seems like there are so many "believers" who aren't following the Lord but rather self.  I praise His Holy Name I'm not their judge but I also pray for Him to open their eyes.  Some of them know what it's like to be living in full relationship with Him.  Some of them also know the way back to Him because they've been down a similar road before.  

I am reminded of Matthew 7:13-14..."You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way.  But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it."  The narrow gate...I want to make sure I go through it when I leave this earth.  The only way that will happen is to be living in His Will.  In order to live in His Will I must be listening to Him and be obedient.  It's not enough to just believe in Him.  In order to live with Him for eternity, we must live for Him throughout the days He blesses us with on this earth.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me in so many ways.  The people You put before me to prayer with and for are such blessings.  The situations that seem hopeless yet through time and prayer become hopeful.  Father, the two situations that came across last night for prayer are ones that need You to be so very real to the people.  Lord, I pray for Your outcome in both of these situations.  I pray against the enemy having his way in their lives.  I pray the outcome will prove to them that You are real and that You are there for them.  Thank You Jesus for being My Gate Keeper!  Amen.

No comments: