Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 - "Ocean"

This song is so encouraging.  We are nothing without the Lord.  We can't accomplish anything without Him being in it.  We may kid ourselves in thinking we are "ok" or we are doing what the Lord wants but until we truly give Him all of ourselves we won't understand the impact He has on our lives.  He takes us places we wouldn't go.  He gives us opportunities we can't even imagine.  But these things only happen when we allow Him full reign.  It takes full trust in Him to get us to the point of total surrender.  That total surrender takes us into the Presence of God.  Woo hoo!  That is my favorite place to be.  I love, love, love the words to this song...

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

"...without borders..."  Wow!  That is amazing to think about.  When we think about allowing the Spirit to lead us wherever He desires without putting up any stopping points, can be scary but it also can be so rewarding.  Leaving our comfort zone is scary but once again it can be so rewarding.  Going deeper in our relationship can be mind boggling because we have to give up control of everything in our life.  We have to allow Him full reign.  

We can't just love the Lord a little.  We must do as Deuteronomy 6:4-5 says...


Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Our love for Him has to be deep enough to trust Him completely with our whole being.   Not just with part of our life but with everything.  "Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander" should be the prayer on our lips each and every day as we grow in our relationship with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song today.  Thank You for loving me enough to die for me and to live for me.  Thank You for the encouragement You give throughout each and every day to be Your Daughter.  Father, lead my steps today to where You so desire them to go.  Thank You Lord for being My Leader.  Amen.




No comments: