Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Proverbs 3:5-6; Psalm 34 - "The Only Name (Yours Will Be)"

Sometimes the things of this world can be so overwhelming.  The sickness.  The marriages struggling.  The families fighting.  It can get to be too much to even comprehend.  And then the Lord brings a song to me that uplifts and encourages me.  That is exactly what happened this morning as I was coming home from praying with a friend at the hospital.  Big Daddy Weave's song "The Only Name (Yours Will Be)" came on KLOVE.  I love the chorus to it.  "When I wake up in the Land of Glory; And with the saints I will tell my story; There will be one Name that I proclaim."  Woo hoo!  I just wanted to shout out, "Take me Jesus!"  I daydream about what heaven will be like.  As we were studying the topic of worship last night I began to picture heaven in a whole new way.  I also was reminded of how being in His Presence in heaven will be so awesome.  Worship here on this earth is one thing but being able to worship in heaven will be a whole different situation.  Woo hoo!  

Those thoughts took me to thinking about those who don't have a personal relationship with Him.  What do they have to look forward to?  How can they have hope in this hopeless world without the Lord?  They can't.  Only those who call on His Name can experience that hope.  Yesterday I came in contact with several non-believers and I prayed for the Lord to use me to plant seeds for Him.  I prayed my words would be His Words.  I want everyone to know what I know.  I want everyone to have His Peace.  I love the words of this song that goes:


Yours is the Name the Name that has saved me
Mercy and grace the power that forgave me
And Your love is all I’ve ever needed

Yes!  His love is all any of us need.  When we experience His love, we will experience His mercy and grace.  We may think we need "stuff" but all we really need is the Lord.  The things that are overwhelming of this world need given to Him.  We need to not only give them to Him but then we must leave them in His hands.  We must follow Proverbs 3:5-6.   Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths;  When we pray to the Lord, we must trust Him.  In order to trust Him, we must allow Him to work through the situations we have prayed for and not try to manipulate them.

Psalm 34

I will extol the Lord at all times;
    his praise will always be on my lips.
I will glory in the Lord;
    let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
    let us exalt his name together.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
    he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
    their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
    he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
    and he delivers them.
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
    blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
    for those who fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
    but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
11 Come, my children, listen to me;
    I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 Whoever of you loves life
    and desires to see many good days,
13 keep your tongue from evil
    and your lips from telling lies.
14 Turn from evil and do good;
    seek peace and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
    and his ears are attentive to their cry;
16 but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
    to blot out their name from the earth.
17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
    but the Lord delivers him from them all;
20 he protects all his bones,
    not one of them will be broken.
21 Evil will slay the wicked;
    the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
22 The Lord will rescue his servants;
    no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

Verse fifteen of Psalm 34 gives us hope that He hears our prayers.  

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry;

Verse nineteen tells us that no matter what we go through on this earth He will deliver us from them.  Sometimes that deliverance comes on this earth but I believe there are other times where the deliverance will come to us when we see the Lord.

The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;

Verse twenty-two gives us the promise of eternal life.  

The Lord will rescue his servants;
    no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.



Dear Jesus,
I thank You for the promises of Your Word.  I praise Your Holy Name for the way You encourage me when life gets overwhelming.  Father, I pray for more people to come into relationship with You.  I pray for more people to have Your Hope and Your Peace.  I also pray for more opportunities to plant seeds for You.  Lord, You are so awesome in the way You lift us up.  I proclaim Your Holy Name on this earth and I look forward to proclaiming it when I get to the Land of Glory!  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus for being My Goal!  Amen.





No comments: