Saturday, October 19, 2013

I Timothy 1:12-17 - Obedience



I Timothy 1:12-17
12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.  15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

These words of Paul to Timothy have so much depth in them.  None of us would be here today if it were not for the love, mercy and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.  I'm so grateful for the way He loves me, no matter what.  It amazes me how He is always there to pick me up when I fall.  He is always there to encourage me when the enemy tries to push me down.  Verse 14 says it all...The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.  Woo hoo!  No one is too bad to receive the Lord's love, grace and mercy.  I've heard many people say they can't go to church until they quit this or that.  The church is not full of perfect people.  The church is full of sinners who are there to be cleaned up by the Lord so that they can live a life for Him that will make him pleased.  

I am so blessed with the way the Lord is using me to touch people.  So many people are hurting to the point of not knowing what to do or where to go.  The Lord is the only right answer.  People, money nor things will gain true happiness for anyone.  Only the Lord can bring true happiness.  Only the Lord can heal deep wounds.  Only the Lord can give protection from the enemy.  He is the Only One that can be our Savior.  

I get frustrated with people who claim a relationship with the Lord yet don't live it out in their daily walk.  They may try God for awhile but end up giving up for something that comes along that seems better.  I just wish people would understand there is nothing better than the Lord.  There is no greater joy than living in His Presence.  But first we have to choose to live for Him.  We have to be willing to make a break from bad habits and bad influences in order to be able to fully comprehend a life with Him.  We must surrender our ways and accept His ways.  We can't do it half-heartedly.  We must be all in...24/7...complete surrender in order to reap the blessings of living with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me in so many ways.  I am humbled by the way You use me to pray with and for others.  You amaze me in the ways You open my eyes to what You want me to do or say.  Yesterday was a prime example of me being amazed.  You spoke.  I didn't understand why You were telling me to pray with a particular lady.  When I went to her, I was amazed at her situation and thankful I listened to You.  Woo hoo!  Thank You Lord for having me to the point in my life where I can hear You and not only can hear You but am willing to be obedient to You.  Thank You Lord for being My Savior.  Amen.

No comments: