Friday, October 4, 2013

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

I saw this picture on Emily's blog the other day and thought "Amen"!!!!  I love fall!!!!  I can't imagine living in a place where I couldn't experience it as we do here in Ohio.  I feel very confident the day is coming where my husband will win out to where there isn't such a season but I'm hoping it's years and years from now.


As Mordecei and I were walking this morning we came upon some beautiful sights.  The sun was shining through the trees so pretty.



It amazes me how many leaves have fallen yet there are some trees that are still completely green.



I was reminded of the scripture I read at Sandy's funeral earlier this week...Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 reads:

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.


A time for everything...yes.  There is a time for each and every season on this earth.  The Lord blesses us with so many different aspects of His Creation throughout those seasons.  Today, right now, this is the season I am in.  I have been placed here in this town for a reason.  I partly know what that reason is but I pray the Lord will open my eyes to more of what He desires of me while I am in this "season" of life.  

As I think about nature right now, I think of how some of the leaves have changed color while others are still green.  There are some days where it's stinkin' hot yet there are others, as today, where there is a nice breeze.  There are some days where the sun is shining while others are gloomy.  

  • I think of how some people love the Lord while others haven't came to Him.  Some of those who have accepted Him haven't given themselves totally to Him.  Just as there are different aspects, people are different.


Some people like fall while others like spring.   No matter what though we complain about the weather.  But we really shouldn't.  Each and every aspect of His Nature is made by Him.  That includes us.  We shouldn't put ourselves down but rather should remember that we are His Creation.

Dear Jesus,
"A time for everything"....yes, Father, I accept what You put before me.  I ask that You would open my eyes to what You desire of me.  Lord, keep me on my toes to see the opportunities.  Father, as I look at the beauty of Your Nature outside, remind me to see the beauty of Your Nature in me.  Thank You Jesus for being the Controller of My Seasons.  Amen.

No comments: