Thursday, January 31, 2019

Revelation 22 - "Known"


It was really cool last night in Bible study when the verse I had yesterday morning was discussed in the teaching. I love when God does things like that. I don't love getting woke up in the morning from having a nightmare. I don't know why I had it but I do know it gave me an urgency to pray for young people who are taken under duress. I pray specifically for those who trust the person who lures them away to harm's way. I pray for those who are tricked into thinking they are not in a bad situation. I also pray for those who have already been taken to find a way to escape. Another prayer is for those who take people under duress to realize what they are doing and stop. This world is full of evil. There are so many things out there that were not part of life when I was a teenager. I can't even begin to think of how the world will be when my grand babies are teenagers. Oh how I pray for Christ's return before then. I pray He will come back for us before we see more evil. That is a hard prayer to pray in some ways because of loved ones who are not believers. It is hard to pray when I think of people in my little world who are living in it instead of living in Jesus. My heart breaks for all who are living in evilness when they could be living a life filled with His peace. So many are living a life full of lies instead of a life headed to eternity with Him. If only they would realize His way of life is the Only Way of life where they will feel the most loved. It is so hard to see people gathering up 'stuff' instead of living a life where He is what they desire. May He become real to people today in a way that will open their eyes. Once again it is hard to think of what will happen to many on Judgment Day yet I pray for His return to come. There is also so much sickness in this world that will no longer be when we get new bodies in heaven. Last night was a bit overwhelming as I prayed for many who are struggling in their physical bodies. I prayed they would lean on God's strength to be their strength during these tough days...

  • our ninety-six year old friend who is struggling and his doctors who are trying to figure out what is going on
  • my Momma who continues to regain strength from her hospital stay
  • my sister Mary who will be having surgery
  • Billie who continues to battle breast cancer through chemo treatments
  • Ross who has been sick; wisdom for the doctors
  • another friend whose father-in-law was recently diagnosed with cancer and is not in relationship with the Lord
  • another friend who is facing changing cancer treatments because the tumor is growing
  • a pastor's wife who is battling brain cancer
  • John whose leukemia has returned
  • Mike who is seeking new treatment for his cancer
  • Dale who continues to seek healing in his body from cancer
  • a ninety-five year old man who was put in Hospice yesterday and his caretakers
  • Shirlin who fell on the ice yesterday and will have surgery today
  • Paula as she continues to regain her strength from her fall
  • Little Richie and Little Natalie for protection over their bodies with so much sickness around and also protection over the 'bad' aspects of chemo
  • Deb who continues to be losing blood; doctors to have wisdom as they do testing
  • myself as the time draws near for my repeat mammogram
So, so many people going through physical ailments. Why? Why do people have to suffer? Why do children have to deal with such things as chemo? Why is there cancer on this earth? Once again, I pray for the Lord's return so there will no longer be 'C' on this earth. I pray for His return so we no longer have to live in the sin of this world. It's hard to pray that with people still not living with Him but it's getting so hard to live here. Not only do I pray for His return but I pray that until He does return He will give me boldness to share His love with others. I pray for people to be changed in their spirit through me. Oh how I pray for more of His love to ooze out of me, enough to make a difference in people's lives. He knows me and knows the desires of my heart. I pray He will make those desires come to life. I pray more people will come into relationship through my words, actions, and attitude. It is so cool to think...

I'm fully known and loved by You
You won't let go no matter what I do
And it's not one or the other
It's hard truth and ridiculous grace
To be known fully known and loved by You
I'm fully known and loved by You

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You love me. Thank You for the way You give me the desires of my heart. Father, my desire is that You would come back for us right this second. But until You do return I pray You will use me to share Your love. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Father, my heart breaks for those who are not in relationship with You. I pray You will enable me to be a beacon of light in their lives. Lord, go before me today and enable me to be seen as You. Give me boldness in my witness. Lord, once again I pray for those who are dealing with physical ailments in their bodies. I also pray for those who are caring for them. Give doctors Your supernatural wisdom and give these ones and their families Your peace. Thank You Jesus for being My Bullet Proof Love. Amen.

No comments: