Monday, January 28, 2019

I Peter 1:3-9 - "Chain Breaker"


The Lord woke me up with these words to "Chain Breaker" going through my mind...

If you've got pain
He's a pain taker
If you feel lost
He's
 a way maker
If you need freedom or saving
He's a prison-shaking Savior
If you've got chains
He's a chain breaker


God wants to break the chains that hold us in bondage. He wants to take our past and give us a future. He desires for us to not live in the misery of the enemy lies but instead live in the freedom of His truth. My heart breaks to see people held in bondage to sin. It hurts to see them allowing their past set their future. So many times people believe their past was so bad there is no hope for them. That is a lie from the devil. No one has ever done something so bad they cannot have a future with the Lord. The enemy tricks people into believing a life with him is fun, comfortable, etc. But the only life that will lead to eternity with the Lord is one of surrender to His will. Those who do not live in relationship with God find His peace through surrendering to Him. Those who are in relationship yet have become lukewarm find His peace through surrendering to Him. The chains the enemy binds us in do not have to be lived in. God does not bind us in such chains. A life with Him gives peace that makes no understanding to the world. One chain that I am grateful God broke for me was that of fighting the enemy for the truth that I am good enough. God made me who I am. He loves me enough to continue to mold me into the person He desires me to be. He cares enough to pick me up when I fall instead of allowing me to stay down in the 'dirt' where I can become discouraged. Discouragement is an open door for the enemy. When he sees me discouraged, he knows I am vulnerable and preys upon that. What a blessing to know God gives "a better life" than the enemy ever could dream of. This morning I am praying for believers who are discouraged to realize God is their strength. I also am praying for those who need the chain of sin that has them bound up to receive His peace. My prayers are with those who are discouraged to realize God may not take away their circumstances but He will be their strength through them. So many times we pray and ask Him to take something away when in fact whatever that something is will be what will be needed to draw us deeper in our relationship with Him. God knows best. My words of prayer have changed so much over the last couple of years. I don't know what is best but God does and His will is what I pray for. I don't need to worry about how to pray because as I listen to Him, He gives me the direction to pray. He is My Future. He knows my past yet He still loves me. When I asked for forgiveness of the sins of my past, He wiped them clean. When I ask for cleansing in my spirit so He can fill me daily, that is exactly what He does. My eyes are set on Heaven. It is my future but until He calls me home I must live in His presence on this earth. He gives me hope for every day I spend on this earth. That hope is what gets me through tough days. Oh how I wish more people lived in such a state of being. We do not have to allow the enemy to bind up in chains but instead we need to allow the Lord to give us His freedom. When God allows tough times, we need to embrace them and dig deeper in our faith instead of allowing the enemy to tear our lives apart. We need to stand firm in our faith and allow God to work in and through the tough times to strengthen our spiritual bodies. We must break the chains of sin but we also must break the chains the enemy tries to put on us through the ups and downs of life. We cannot give him any little way to get in. If we do, he will play havoc in our lives.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You break the chains of sin, discouragement which lead to giving the enemy an open door, doubt which shake our faith, etc. Thank You for using tough times to draw us deeper in relationship with You. Thank You for being exactly what we need as we  go throughout our days. Thank You for wiping our slates clean from our past so You can use us for Your glory. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Go before me today and keep my eyes open to opportunities You put before me. May people see/hear You instead of me. May You shine through my words, attitude, and actions. Father, I pray for those who are bound up in the chains of sin to fall on their knees before You today. I also pray for those who are in relationship with You yet not fully surrendered to find themselves seeking holiness today. Lord, be greater than the enemy in such a way today that people will realize Your freedom. Thank You Jesus for being My Freedom. Amen.





No comments: