Saturday, January 26, 2019

Psalm 23 - "Surrounded"



Anytime I have to get up early for an appointment I struggle to sleep. Last night was no different. I fell asleep easily but Mordecei woke me at 11:45 to go outside. When I laid back down I watched the clock. I prayed for others and then for myself to be able to go back to sleep. The last time I looked at the clock it was 2:45. Urgh! Then I woke back up at 4:35 and decided since I had less than an hour to sleep I might as well get up. A song Bethel sings was going through my mind this morning.

This is how I fight my battles...this is how I fight my battles...

I thought about how I battled with not being able to sleep last night. Was the enemy trying to cause me problems? When I asked God who I needed to pray for He told me one person, Billie who just had a chemo treatment yesterday. Was I suppose to pray for her all night? I'm not sure but I prayed many prayers for her to be able to sleep with no side effects. I prayed for her to continue to rely on God's strength to see her through this road she is traveling. I also prayed for people to continue to support her and her family through all the tough days. As I thought of this song, I thought about how the evil one plays havoc in so many ways in people's lives. But I refuse to give him all the glory because my God is greater than him. Even when he causes problems in lives, my God is still able to perform a miracle to instantly stop the problems or to fix the problems. My God is still in the miracle making business. Sometimes His miracles come through trials and over a period of time. Sometimes they come through us getting to the end of ourself so He can work in and through us. But I believe He never leaves us in the process. As I ponder upon Psalm 23 this morning, I feel so blessed.

He is my Shepherd...He will never leave me (vs 1)
He gives peace and rest (vs 2)
He guides me (vs 3)
He takes away my fear in the valleys of life (vs 4)
He loves me more than the enemy could ever hurt me (vs 5)
He awaits for me in my heavenly home (vs 6)

This Psalm encourages me. It gives me great strength to carry on when times are tough. I can feel God's love through every word of it. Yesterday I was singing another song Josh Baldwin sings that goes...

My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love!


We have nothing to fear when we stand in the love of God. In our flesh, we may fear the 'what ifs' of life but when we stand by faith in knowing God is in control we do not have to allow the enemy any open door through fear. God is the Only One to know the outcome of our situations. When we trust Him, He will give us His Perfect Peace. We cannot allow the enemy to take away His peace from us. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for Billie throughout the night. Oh how I pray she was able to rest. If she was struggling, I pray my prayers lessened what she was going through. Sometimes I wonder why You have me pray as You do but I have realized I do not have to know the reason. I just have to walk in obedience. Over the last few days I have prayed as You directed and later found out the reason why. I am so blessed when that happens. But even if You don't have me know, I will still pray. Father, I pray a special blessing upon Billie and others going through treatment for various diseases. I pray for all to draw closer in relationship with You. This morning Little Richie comes to my mind. I'm not sure why but as I've said many times, I don't have to know the reason. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You in every action, in every word, and in my attitude throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Shepherd. Amen.

No comments: