Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - "Ecclesiastes"


2019...wow! There were days where I never thought I would ever see this year. 2018 was one of such blessings through many challenges. I'm sure 2019 will be much the same as I continue to seek God's will for my life. Yesterday Ecclesiastes 3 came to my mind several times. Verse one reads, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." This chapter continues...

  • "a time to be born and a time to die"(vs 2a) - 2018 saw many births and deaths in the physical sense but most importantly there were births and deaths in the spiritual sense. My prayer for 2019 is there will be more spiritual births and deaths.
  • "a time to plant and a time to uproot" (vs 2b) - Many seeds were planted in 2018 along with times of 'uprooting' when the Lord told me to "move on" from people. My prayer for 2019 is that I will plant more seeds and continue to listen to Him and walk in obedience to His will.
  • "a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build" (vs 3) - 2018 brought some challenges where things or people had to be let go so healing could occur in my emotional and spiritual bodies. My prayer for 2019 is that I will continue to heal from these situations and my faith will grow through the process.
  • "a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance" (vs 4) - 2018 was a year of many tears. Some were for hurts and some were for joy. My prayer for 2019 is that I will remember that God gives us tears for cleansing.
  • "a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing" (vs 5) - There were times in 2018 where I followed God's direction on when to speak to people and when to walk away from them but I know I probably missed some opportunities. My prayer for 2019 is to not miss any opportunity He puts before me with people.
  • "a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away" (vs 6) - 2018 was a year of evaluation of my life. There were practices that I had to rid from my daily life in order to live in the manner God desired. My prayer for 2019 is that I will be honest with myself on what I need to rid of whether it be materially or in my spiritual life.
  • "a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak" (vs 7) - 2018 was a time of seeking direction on an issue I have in a particular relationship but the issue has not been resolved. I've prayed and tried things to no avail. My prayer for 2019 is that it will be resolved as I continue to seek God's direction in the situation.
  • "a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace" (vs 8) - I do not like the word 'hate' because of how negative it is but I realize it is ok to 'hate' the sin but not the sinner. I also know there has to be times of 'war' in order to have the outcome of 'peace' but once again I do not like how strong the word 'war' is. But I did see God's love give peace in many situations in 2018. My prayer for 2019 is it will bring more of His love and peace in situations where the enemy is involved so greatly.
God has a plan for my life for 2019. All I have to do is trust Him and have faith that He knows what is best for me. He will direct my steps as I allow Him. He will be my words, actions, and attitude as I allow Him. 2019 is in His hands as I allow Him. I have a choice to give Him that privilege. As I make that choice and walk in obedience to Him, 2019 will be exactly what He chooses it to be for me. Woo hoo! I do not have to fret over decisions when He is the One to make them. I do not have to wonder if I am doing the 'right thing' when He is the One to direct me in everything. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another year that is ahead for me. Father, I 'know' of some things that appear to be ahead but there are a lot more that I don't know of. May You go before me and have Your love flow from me in abundance. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions, and attitude in a mighty way. May You be greater than me. May You be in total control of every aspect of my life. Thank You for good results from my colonoscopy yesterday. I'm sorry I fell apart when they took me in. With it being the first one since the breast cancer I was very emotional but I know You were in control. Thank You Jesus for being My Past, Present and Future! Amen.

No comments: