Thursday, January 3, 2019

John 8 - "Who You Say I Am"


I woke up this morning to the words of a song Hillsong sings called "Who You Say I Am" and was so blessed. God loves me so greatly. He desires for me to live my life surrendered to His will. He desires for everyone to live such a life.

Who the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed
I’m a child of God
Yes I am
In my Father’s house
There’s a place for me
I’m a child of God
Yes I am

Wow, God! The freedom You give me is awesome. It is only through You that such freedom comes. John 8 is full of Jesus' words when He was teaching on the Mount of Olives. Specifically, He spoke in verses thirty-one through forty-seven about freedom through Him. He said in verse thirty-one and thirty-two, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." Woo hoo! No one has to be a slave to sin. We all have the choice to make between sin and Him. Sin separates us from Him. In verse thirty-four He said, "Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin." There is bondage in sin. No one has to stay in such a state. There is freedom through Christ (vs. 36). When we accept Christ, we allow Him into our heart. As we live for Him, He will speak and we will sometimes be able to hear Him but it is not until we completely surrender to Him that we will not only hear Him but desire to walk in His will. In verse forty-seven He said, "Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God." The desire in my heart is to not only have Him in my heart but to be sold out to Him so I hear His voice and walk in obedience to Him. Then, and only then, am I at peace with my eternity. I don't have to question whether I will spend it with Him. I am confident I will. "In my Father's house, There's a place for me." I know this to be true. Woo hoo! Oh how I pray for more people to accept Him into their heart. I also pray for more believers to surrender totally to Him and walk the road of obedience in His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You protected me yesterday. Thank You for the way You gave me wisdom and recollection. Thank You for loving on me so greatly and waking me with this song today. Father, I praise Your Holy Name for the knowledge that I will spend eternity with You. I praise You for the way You speak to me and the desire of my heart is to walk in obedience to Your will. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me today. There are so many things going on in my little world. Give me clear thinking, Your direction, and peace through all. I continue to pray for my Momma's health, Billie's pain, Dale's health, Little Richie, Little Natalie, and so many others who are struggling in their physical bodies. May You be their Healer and their Peace. Thank You Jesus for being My Eternity! Amen.

No comments: