Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "Hills and Valleys"



Yesterday was a day where God affirmed me in the morning and He put an 'opportunity' before me in the evening to chose to do just as I had wrote about earlier in the day. When I was doing my schoolwork, He prompted me to encourage my classmates with Jeremiah 29:11-12. A short time later a friend shared with how she felt like many things in her life were just not going the way she desired. I felt the need to share with her Jeremiah 29:11-12. Within a short time she sent me a message about a memory from when she shared this same scripture seven years ago had popped up on her Facebook. Wow, God! I love when He works in ways such as this. Later in the day, I had to think back on what I wrote yesterday morning about we, as believers, have a choice to wallow in misery when 'opportunities' come that stretch our faith. We can either allow the enemy an open door or we can stand in our faith and allow God to work in and through us as we work through situations. I became so mad and was so frustrated last night when I found something out. I didn't know how I was going to make it through the evening with the children. I prayed and asked a couple others to pray for me. The evening went fine. I was blessed with having Xavria and Chloie help me with the children since Ms Rhonda and Christina were out. I became calmer over the situation and was able to teach the children as planned. Afterwards, I began to get angry again and then the Lord brought back to me the words of Jeremiah 29:11-12 and Psalm 42. Because of Him I slept through the night without worrying. God was not surprised by the circumstances. I asked Him to forgive me for the way I acted when it was made known to me. I should not have become so angry but I was dealing in the flesh. I pray the enemy did not have any open door through my anger. God reminded me to not only trust Him but to allow Him to use this situation to take me deeper in my faith. The key to living in this manner is found by living in His presence. It is found by not giving into the flesh but instead allowing the Holy Spirit to cleanse us so He can fill us. As the scripture says, we must seek Him with our whole heart so we can find His will for our life. Today is a new day. My situation has not changed and I do not know how it will but I know Who does. God's got this. He already knows the outcome. He also knows how we will handle the situation. I praise God for that knowledge. I also praise Him for the way He will direct us throughout these next few months as the situation unfolds.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday's "Hills and Valleys" that You were with me on. Thank You for the reminders of Scripture that You presented to me. Thank You for forgiveness of my reaction to this situation. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to walk where You so desire. Thank You for loving me so greatly that "I am not alone." Father, go before me today in all I say and do. May people see/hear You instead of me. May they see You in my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a new, different way. Thank You Jesus for being My Director! Amen.

No comments: