Friday, January 25, 2019

James 1:2-4 - "Praise You In This Storm"



The Lord woke me up multiple times during the night to pray for people going through tough times with physical issues. He had me pray for some in the middle of treatment, some awaiting test results, some who are seeking new treatment, and some who it appears treatment is not working. The theme of my prayers was for all of them to depend upon His strength and not on their own. He had me pray for them to not listen to others advice but instead to listen to Him. He also had me pray for them to not give up on praying for a miracle in their situation. Last evening I had two prayer requests for unborn babies the doctors have concerns about health issues. I remember when I was told Ben was going to be born with an open spine and they suggested I abort. Did I? Obviously not! Was he born with an open spine? No because the Lord healed him in the womb. How do I know he was healed? He was born with the scar where he was going to have an open spine! That was thirty-four years ago. My God was in the miracle making business then and continues to be in that business today. Not everyone receives a healing on this earth but we all die and will receive a healing when we are in heaven and no longer have to deal with physical ailments. When we leave this earth as a believer, we will be healed as we walk in a new, glorified body. Woo hoo! The way I ache this morning, I am ready for that new body! I was asked what my favorite Bible verse was yesterday. My first thought was there are so many but the one the Lord brought to my mind was James 1:2-4. The picture above is a picture I took two years ago on February 2. It was just a few weeks after my radiation treatments were finished. We took a bike ride on Spanish Moss Trail where I was able to ride farther than I had rode for a long time. God blessed me that day with His supernatural empowerment in my physical body which gave me supernatural empowerment in my spiritual body. I remember being asked when I was diagnosed with MS almost twenty-five years ago 'why' my God would 'give me' such a hard road to endure when I lived for Him. There are people who question why God gives 'good' people 'bad' things in life. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, some of the same type of questions were asked. I do not believe God 'gives' anyone 'bad' things to deal with. The sin of this world is what causes 'bad' things. Yes, God could stop them but at times He chooses to allow them to happen because He needs us or someone else to have our eyes opened to Him. He has used my MS millions of times for my witness to shine bright. He has also used my MS to take me deeper in my relationship with Him. He has taught me humility through my MS. He has given me boldness in my witness through both my MS and breast cancer. He has also used my breast cancer for my witness to be greater than it could have been without it. In the New Living Testament the words 'opportunity' and 'joy' are used simultaneously. I love those two words! God has given me the 'opportunity' to battle two major diseases in my life and I have chosen 'joy' to live through them. Is it easy? Not when I battle them in my flesh but it sure is when I battle them in His strength. In my flesh, there is worry about my upcoming mammogram. In my spirit, I know He is in control. If it is clean I will praise Him. If there is more cancer, I will praise Him. No matter what, He is My General who will enable me to fight the battle before me. He is available for everyone. Oh how I pray more people will not only come into relationship with Him but depend upon His strength to get through the opportunities presented in life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your strength that enabled me to not only get through yesterday but that allowed me to enjoy it. Thank You for my husband who prays for me. Thank You for the day that is ahead. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your attitude, actions, and words to be mine throughout this day. I pray You will be greater than the opportunities that come my way. I pray for a joyful spirit throughout this day even through the aches I am feeling. Father, would You be with the ones I prayed for during the night in a special way today? Would You empower them to see You through the 'opportunities' they are dealing with in their physical bodies? Would You put people before them that will allow them to be blessed today? I don't even know if I can remember who all I prayed for because there were so many. The two unborn babies and their families; Mike; John; Billie; a pastor who continues to minister when her disease makes it so hard at times; Dale; Norma; Peggy; and many more. Thank You Jesus for being My General. Amen.

No comments: