Sunday, January 27, 2019

Hebrews 6:19 - "My Life Is In You Lord"


I was so tired before going to sleep last night so I prayed a 'general' prayer for all pastors in case the Lord didn't wake me during the night to pray. I didn't have anything to worry about because He woke me to pray. He had me pray for pastors who...

...were sick and unable to preach today and for those who would fill the pulpit.
...were sick yet would preach anyway.
...had a burden on their heart for a family member who was struggling physically.
...had a burden for their prodigal child.
...were dealing with conflict in their church.
...recently had a fire in their church.
...had a death in their church this week.
...didn't know if they would receive a paycheck today.
...were so tired they didn't know if they could make it through the day ahead.
...were dealing with a terminal illness in their own body.
...needed someone to pastor them.
...were retired and feeling lost.
...had a spouse who felt abandoned or neglected due to ministry constraints.
...were called out during the night for an emergency.
...will have to make a decision about whether to meet today due to weather.

Many do not know the extent of the stress pastors are under because they do not know all that happens in the life of a church throughout the week. I prayed for people in congregations to be more loving to pastors who were struggling with their present circumstances. I also prayed pastors would remember they are not alone but rather have the Lord's strength to not only get through this day but to be joyful throughout it. Sometimes life can be so overwhelming but all we have to remember is He never leaves us. His strength is always available for us.  His love is always working in and through us as we allow it to. His joy is ready to burst out of us. I am so thankful for this knowledge.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors during the night. Thank You for bringing so many to my mind. Thank You for having me pray for them to realize Your strength in their circumstances so they can be filled with Your joy. Father, I pray for my pastor who is still dealing with a cold. I pray Your strength will fill him to overflowing so he can have joy in his spirit. I pray You will give him exactly what he needs physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually throughout this day. Bless Doc in a mighty way as he strives to serve You in the way You desire. I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray I will be a better wife. May people see/hear You through me in a new, different way today. Bless my efforts to be Your hands and feet throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being Our Anchor. Amen.

No comments: