Thursday, January 24, 2019

Psalm 19:14 - "Pleasing"


The Lord woke me up early with "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing unto you" in my mind. I knew David wrote this in one of the Psalms but I could not remember which one. I went to the Word and found it in Psalm 19. It is the beginning part of verse fourteen. I pondered upon these words and asked God what He desired for me to receive from them today. I began thinking about how life would be so different if we all would pray these words of David every morning before we started our day. If we prayed in this manner, how would life be for us? Would we draw closer to the Lord? I believe so. Would people see Him through us? I believe so. Would our language be different and more Christ-like? How about our attitude and actions? I believe they would be. Would people desire to live the life they see us living? Most definitely! So what is stopping us from praying such a prayer? The world. The ways of the world. The things of the world. Other people. Those are all things that make us hold back from praying such a prayer. We are fearful of what people will think or we are scared we will fail. We have nothing to fear when we live in God's presence. He is there to direct our feet and our words. I read a story of a pastor who prayed this scripture right before preaching. It empowered him to preach in the Spirit. But this scripture is not just for pastors. It is for all. We have the privilege to live in God's glory and we need to do so. We need to allow Him to work in and through us. This is the perfect scripture to pray for that type of life to be lived. I am going to make a note card with this prayer on it and place it on my mirror to remind me of the importance of this scripture.

O Lord, My Rock and My Redeemer, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing unto you wherever I go: at home, at church, in my neighborhood, with friends and family, whether I am alone or with others, in every situation, all the time. May You be glorified through me. Amen.

Today is a new day in which I will start with this prayer. I am anxious to see how the Lord will use me throughout this day. I know He will be My Guide in all I do. I know He will give me His words, actions, and attitude throughout this day because I have asked for them. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me early with this scripture/prayer! Thank You for the reminder of how You will empower me as I allow You to! Thank You for the day that is ahead. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so You will ooze out of my actions, attitude, and words. Woo hoo! May every aspect of my life be "Pleasing" unto You. Thank You Father for being My Rock and My Redeemer! Amen.

No comments: