Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Matthew 6:19-21 - "Legacy"


3:44AM...my eyes popped opened with an urgency to pray for my Momma. I prayed for physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual strength. She is going through some tough days with so much unknown. Over the last week there was a point where she was ready to go see Jesus and then there was a point where she felt like she wasn't ready yet. There was a point where she thought she was staying in the hospital and then she was abruptly discharged. She has been on a roller coaster ride that has not been fun. I am thankful she has the Lord. I don't know how people get through such things in life without Him. After I prayed for her, the Lord had me pray for a family whose son committed suicide. I don't know who this family is but He impressed upon me to pray for them to not blame themselves but instead to draw closer to Him for strength. Last night there were so many prayer requests from the children that brought hurt to my heart. I'm so glad they have the Tuesday night group to rely on. One of the older teens got to come for the first time in several weeks due to working. When one of the younger teens heard what she said he said, "When I get old enough to have a job, I'm going to request Tuesday nights off!" Oh how I love my Tuesday nights. I was so tired last night by the end of the evening and my legs were hurting so bad but I felt blessed. This morning I woke up to the song "Legacy" and thought about how I desire to leave a "Legacy" to all I meet but especially to children who do not have a Christian role model in their home and to my own children and grandchildren. 

I want to leave a legacy, how will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to you enough
To make a mark on things? I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who blessed your name
Unapologetically and leave that kind of legacy


I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy


I don't want to be remembered for all the 'stuff' I have accumulated on this earth. I would rather be remembered for all the times I shared God's love with others. Things are not what are important but instead the love of Christ is. The song continues with...

Not well traveled, not well read
Not well-to-do or well bred
I just want to hear instead
"Well done good and faithful one"


Shouldn't that be the goal for everyone? Shouldn't we who believe and live for the Lord share Him every opportunity He puts before us? Shouldn't we strive to hear those words when we get to the pearly gates? I know I do and I pray for more people to also.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that enables me to live today. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Father, go before me today and open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed. I do not want to miss anything You have for me. I want to be a sponge soaking more of You in. I desire to be completely focused on You just as I talked about with the children last night. I pray for children in schools today to not only be safe but to feel the safety of Your arms wrapped around them. I also pray You will enable me to plant seeds today so I will leave a legacy when my time comes to meet You. Thank You Jesus for being My Goal! Amen.

No comments: